This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Last Post: Suse
Today 07:14 PM
» Replies: 1554
» Views: 157618
Feeling a little lost...
Last Post: MrC1989
Today 06:57 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 558
Lottie’s 60L
Last Post: Gill
Today 05:57 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 11496
Food related Tank Disaster!
Last Post: Annie
Today 05:54 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 70
Mis-sold fish
Today 05:50 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 71
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Today 05:37 PM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 22017
Fr499y's 4 foot *always changing* tank log, thing....
Last Post: fr499y
Today 03:55 PM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 5190
Operation Bankruptcy
Last Post: wingnut55
Today 03:53 PM
» Replies: 356
» Views: 29520
GL’s multiple tank log
Last Post: wingnut55
Today 03:49 PM
» Replies: 778
» Views: 59655
Problems in new tank
Last Post: Mito
Today 02:38 PM
» Replies: 40
» Views: 973
Fishless Cycle Started!!
Last Post: CrashEd
Today 12:32 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 31
Poorly Red lizard whiptail
Today 10:22 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 51
Project Bertha 2
Today 10:21 AM
» Replies: 284
» Views: 6477
Help - tank water filthy after clean
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 11:03 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 49
Gravel - to clean or not to clean
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 11:02 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 87

open top lighting
What lights you using on an open top ? And reasons why you fing them so good Smile
We should not give up and we should not allow the problem 
to defeat us. 
Thanks given by:
I have a single Giezemann Pulzar "Planted" LED light bar that stretches across the full 5' width of the 500L, it was comparatively expensive at the time, 5yrs ago. But costs pennies to run, per week and is supposed to have a 10,000hr lifespan. At the time I was very limited in choice for a light bar of this length. The alternatives were tubes, but they are considerably more expensive to power and 'should' be replaced yearly. If it were to fail tomorrow I would replace it with another LED light bar. Definitely not tubes.

A single bar is enough for the quite undemanding plants in this unheated tank. Particularly as its positioned so it gets up to a maximum 4 hours of sunlight in the mornings.

Only downside of that is the weekly algae glass scrape, but the fish consume it with gusto.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toeknee's post:
  • Lureman
Thanks given by:
DIY on my nano, best light i've ever ran!

using an interpet double white on the 4ft and its shocking. Good job i cba with many plants in that tank!
Thanks given by:
I use Chihiros on the smaller tanks (30litres) and a Twinstar on one of the 200litre tanks that are open top.

The other tanks use just lights that came with them with the exception of the Fluval Roma which has a Fluval Plant 2.0 but that has a hood.
Thanks given by: