This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Zora’s Domain
Last Post: River Zora
Today 04:07 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 226
Beginner's Setup
Last Post: Matt90
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 352
Hi Everyone....
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:10 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 30
Quarantine tank setup
Last Post: lunar jetman
Yesterday 10:59 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 30
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Last Post: chris.tinker
Yesterday 10:22 PM
» Replies: 124
» Views: 5306
Starter tank with 5 fish
Last Post: Jassy306
Yesterday 09:56 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 337
Dwarf Gourami - Help
Last Post: Lee_k
Yesterday 08:43 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Ste's Tank
Last Post: stechappo
Yesterday 08:40 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 333
Water temperature alarm
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 08:10 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 91
Spixi snail
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:01 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 22
Using carbon in external filter
Yesterday 07:38 PM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 299
Tough bristlenose
Yesterday 06:57 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 110
Back to fish keeping
Last Post: ivybell
Yesterday 06:35 PM
» Replies: 117
» Views: 1929
where members live
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 06:18 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 146
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 05:53 PM
» Replies: 742
» Views: 50961

Betta issues
I have a crown fin in a planted 25ltr on his own and a plakat in a community tank. No problem with either.
Thanks given by:
Done a water change today & added the water life, fingers crossed. I noticed a new hole in his dorsal fin today.
I did get the catappa leaves, got them in 2 of my tanks now although I must have ordered the small size as they’re tiny, they’ll do though I’ll get more when they are finished.
Also bought a ping pong ball, never thought I’d put a ball in a fish tank but il see what happens he’s not shown much interest so far, he has a small fake (hate fake) cave that he sleeps or rather rests in, I might even get a floating log & see if prefers to be up higher, the leaf thing didn’t work, hopefully the new tank I can get some proper Plants & maybe some shrimp again, I miss having Neocaridina shrimp, my try yellow shrimp this time, had blue dreams before but all depends if I can get on top of his fin rot or fin chewing
Wondering if putting his tank next to the goldfish again would help, he’s been there before in a quarantine tank & never flared but could keep him interested & occupied if it is fin chewing/shredding
Thanks given by:
My OH ordered some catappa leaves for our betta and they are huge, and he has slept on them while they float. There was also a floating log that she was looking at.
As for entertainment, I currently have a ring made up of air line that we dip in to get him to swim through, seems to entertain him for a few minutes Smile might see if i can train him to jump through it (it is possible Wink)
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
Thanks given by:
Dorsal damage is not so likely to be shredding.
I wonder if he had something before you got him? How long have you had him?
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian

All my posts are from a desktop.
Mobiles are way too complicated for me, although I do have one now. Wink
Thanks given by:
Well that’s what the guy at the other shop said, maybe an underlying infection or virus, had him about 8 months, he was tiny, his fins where beautiful, think he’s a delta but then there’s so many types.
Thanks given by:
[Image: V3K9DBgl.jpg]

They probably don’t look too bad in the photo, but right above the second tail split there is a small chunk missing and you can’t see all the micro holes, hopefully the waterlife does help him
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jen1981's post:
  • Annie
Thanks given by:
Oh he is a lovely looking Betta, hopefully the treatment will work.
Bikini Bottom - 168l - community
The Kremlin - 58l - Shrimp and Cory 
Thanks given by:
There aren't any sharp edges on the decoration are there?

Ian

Thanks given by:
No i checked it before I put it back in, it is a bit bumpy in the middle inside but not sharp, the ceramic tubes are very smooth too
Thanks given by:
I think he's a veiltail, and they do seem to suffer more from fin damage, presumably because they have so much and it slows them down more, but I don't know.

Ian

Thanks given by: