This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

<
[-]
Latest Threads
Beginner's Setup
Last Post: Matt90
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 352
Hi Everyone....
Last Post: Stephen
Today 12:10 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 30
Quarantine tank setup
Last Post: lunar jetman
Yesterday 10:59 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 30
Stephen's 600L tank log:
Last Post: chris.tinker
Yesterday 10:22 PM
» Replies: 124
» Views: 5306
Starter tank with 5 fish
Last Post: Jassy306
Yesterday 09:56 PM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 337
Dwarf Gourami - Help
Last Post: Lee_k
Yesterday 08:43 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 95
Ste's Tank
Last Post: stechappo
Yesterday 08:40 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 333
Water temperature alarm
Last Post: stuaz
Yesterday 08:10 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 91
Spixi snail
Last Post: Jen1981
Yesterday 08:01 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 22
Using carbon in external filter
Yesterday 07:38 PM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 299
Tough bristlenose
Yesterday 06:57 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 110
Back to fish keeping
Last Post: ivybell
Yesterday 06:35 PM
» Replies: 117
» Views: 1928
where members live
Last Post: Ric
Yesterday 06:18 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 146
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: Stephen
Yesterday 05:53 PM
» Replies: 742
» Views: 50958
Phantom tetras
Last Post: John Arnold
Yesterday 05:39 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 69

Made the switch
(14-08-2019, 08:25 AM)Si4geckos Wrote:
(13-08-2019, 08:16 PM)piker Wrote: Like home from home here Si,plenty of familiar members.
Hope everything is well.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

All good mate. It’s very odd seeing all the same names. Glad I finally checked my emails! Will get some logs going again at some point. How’s things in Piker town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good mate,still can't get the sterbai breeding,the young uns I got off you are doing well.
Had a bit of a random shrimp die off,I think it was the temperatures too high.The tank was reaching 27c in the hot spell we had but I was working away during the week so couldn't do much,recovering now though.

Thanks given by:
(14-08-2019, 09:07 AM)piker Wrote:
(14-08-2019, 08:25 AM)Si4geckos Wrote:
(13-08-2019, 08:16 PM)piker Wrote: Like home from home here Si,plenty of familiar members.
Hope everything is well.

All good mate. It’s very odd seeing all the same names. Glad I finally checked my emails! Will get some logs going again at some point. How’s things in Piker town?

Good mate,still can't get the sterbai breeding,the young uns I got off you are doing well.
Had a bit of a random shrimp die off,I think it was the temperatures too high.The tank was reaching 27c in the hot spell we had but I was working away during the week so couldn't do much,recovering now though.

Wow that sucks! Sorry for the losses.

I thought I had only 1 survivor of shrimp in the big tank, but when I did a major plant trimming a few weeks ago I found 2. They’re sooo different to the shrimp tank ones. Almost like tiger fine stripes pattern and they constantly live at 26/27.5c. But they have had a while to acclimatise. I added another 8 or so low grade ones, but not seen them since.

My shrimporium tank has finally recovered after the PH crash too where I probably lost 80% of them. A few females are berried now though so just waiting for the next generation to start hatching out in the next couple of weeks. Everything hopefully is back to ‘normal’ again.

Annoying about your sterbai. You sure you have boys and girls? Wink Wonder if you’re missing the eggs. Just laid and eaten. I haven’t seen any in mine for a while to be honest, but there’s a lot of mouths in the big tank these days.

Thanks given by:
I find the colours change when I add them to the big tank,I just put it down to stress from being in 26c.
There may be some tiger genetics in the line although the babies always come out crs coloured so I'm not sure.

Thanks given by: