This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Latest Threads
Suse's planted Roma 240 litre
Last Post: wingnut55
Today 10:28 AM
» Replies: 474
» Views: 33625
Moonlight
Last Post: fr499y
Today 09:49 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 79
Goldfish community tank?
Last Post: plankton
Today 09:05 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 132
Annie’s Tank - Bikini Bottom
Today 09:04 AM
» Replies: 190
» Views: 3991
Wingnut55's Juwel Rio 450 LED
Yesterday 07:46 PM
» Replies: 1315
» Views: 85413
Sarah's tanks
Yesterday 04:38 PM
» Replies: 246
» Views: 21215
Freshwater puffers
Last Post: fr499y
Yesterday 12:06 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 236
PJN's Shrimp Project
Last Post: PJN
21-01-2019 07:38 PM
» Replies: 104
» Views: 10372
Ghost shrimp - can they eat fish?
21-01-2019 06:13 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 144
GL’s multiple tank log
Last Post: Jota
21-01-2019 02:18 PM
» Replies: 643
» Views: 41688
Lottie’s 60L
Last Post: SpanishAnnie
21-01-2019 11:31 AM
» Replies: 137
» Views: 7721
Lump on diamond tetra
21-01-2019 09:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 46
Baby ray grown in sandwich bag at Aberdeenshire aq...
Last Post: Gingerlove05
20-01-2019 05:38 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 81
DoubleDutch's tanks
Last Post: DoubleDutch
20-01-2019 01:25 PM
» Replies: 475
» Views: 29688
Is this a leech ?
20-01-2019 09:58 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 316

Look who's new round here...
So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 

[-] The following 4 users Like Suelo's post:
  • fr499y, Gingerlove05, Jota, LottieWills
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2019, 10:43 AM)Suelo Wrote: So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 

She is a little cutie Suelo, how many sleepless nights have you had, I can remember getting our little Molly, we were ready for the crying for a few nights, but bless her she only cried for about 10 minutes the first night, then nothing after that, good as gold.  Smile

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

14 Rummynose Tetras
12 Glowlight Tetras
16 Cardinal Tetras
6 Red Phantom Tetras
8 Silvertip Tetras
6 Cherry Barbs
1 Pearl Gourami (female)
5 Sterbai Corys
3 Bandit Corys 
2 Panda Corys 
2 Bristlenose Plecs (how many)
4 Bolivian Rams

Tank 85% stocked with above housemates.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes wingnut55's post:
  • Suelo
Thanks given by:
Very cute Smile
She seems happy, how have the cats been with her? Our two are generally pretty good with dogs (when we’ve dogsat Wink), Bailey will hiss and Ari runs and hides, but they’re pretty good otherwise. Tales them a few days to get used to them Smile
 😇 Heaven doesn’t want me...
And Hell is afraid I’ll take over! 😈
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gingerlove05's post:
  • Suelo
Thanks given by:
Heart Oh my what a doll  Heart
Please pass on a chin tickle from me !
Cool I’m a goofy goober  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpanishAnnie's post:
  • Suelo
Thanks given by: Suelo
(05-01-2019, 12:56 PM)wingnut55 Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 10:43 AM)Suelo Wrote: So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 

She is a little cutie Suelo, how many sleepless nights have you had, I can remember getting our little Molly, we were ready for the crying for a few nights, but bless her she only cried for about 10 minutes the first night, then nothing after that, good as gold.  Smile

Ian.

Thanks Ian. I have to confess that (apart from the worry about actually having a dog) that I have not had any sleepless nights as my OH has been with her at night (his dog after all, so only fair). However, she has been pretty good at nights even from day one, and is now sleeping through at night. 

Daytimes are a different matter however, as I think I have created a rod for my own back, as she only wants to nap when next to someone on the sofa...
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2019, 05:13 PM)Suelo Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 12:56 PM)wingnut55 Wrote:

Ian.

Thanks Ian. I have to confess that (apart from the worry about actually having a dog) that I have not had any sleepless nights as my OH has been with her at night (his dog after all, so only fair). However, she has been pretty good at nights even from day one, and is now sleeping through at night. 

Daytimes are a different matter however, as I think I have created a rod for my own back, as she only wants to nap when next to someone on the sofa...

You are not alone there, Molly is a lapdog, and sits between my Wife and I on the settee, and she also sleeps on our bed, big mistake.  rofl 

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

14 Rummynose Tetras
12 Glowlight Tetras
16 Cardinal Tetras
6 Red Phantom Tetras
8 Silvertip Tetras
6 Cherry Barbs
1 Pearl Gourami (female)
5 Sterbai Corys
3 Bandit Corys 
2 Panda Corys 
2 Bristlenose Plecs (how many)
4 Bolivian Rams

Tank 85% stocked with above housemates.  Smile
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2019, 12:59 PM)Gingerlove05 Wrote: Very cute Smile
She seems happy, how have the cats been with her? Our two are generally pretty good with dogs (when we’ve dogsat Wink), Bailey will hiss and Ari runs and hides, but they’re pretty good otherwise. Tales them a few days to get used to them Smile

Thanks Iain. The cats have been better than I expected so far - I have to say that I was really worried about how they would react. They are coming up 7 and have had no experience with dogs before. However, we tried to take things very slowly, and have tried to keep Delphi from interrupting their routines too much. There was much eye boggling from them both at the start, but they weren't territorial like I thought they might be.

Scooby - the grey cat in my avatar - is a sleep all day, out all night kind of cat. Although he is very territorial towards other cats and can be a bit of a bully towards his sister he is a right scaredy cat when it comes to people. He has no interest in interacting with puppy, but she has spooked him a couple of times when she has run towards him, making him run & then she just goes into chase mode.

Lotsie - the black cat - is a very social cat in that she loves all people, although she isn't one to sit on your lap. She is the most unintelligent cat I have ever owned - she still doesn't even know her name. She is so unafraid of Delphi now that it a) makes me a bit worried for her, and b) she can be a right pain winding Delphi up. Still, I am further along with training Delphi than I might otherwise have been, and she is hopefully learning impulse control. I can at least get her to stop what she is doing & 'sit', which I think shows a fair bit of self control for a little puppy who is getting a big fluffy tail twitched right in front of her. There is no way I would leave them together unsupervised though, even if I just pop out of the room.

I have to say that I was not expecting quite the level of puppy biting - I have come across the term 'land shark' and that is definitely what we have as soon as Delphi gets tired!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Suelo's post:
  • Gingerlove05
Thanks given by:
Gorgeous! My friend has a Boston terrier - beautiful dogs.

Are cats supposed to know their names?!! In that case I have a really dim one too...
240 litre Fluval Roma

38 neon tetras
12 flame tetras
8 albino corydoras
6 otocinclus
2 Bolivian rams
Thanks given by:
Very cute. Smile
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! Big Grin

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian