Lightly-Poached Artemia

Food, feeding and diet.
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

I'm waiting around for people to come and open up our extension roof (to assess and repair any squirrel damage, including the chewed-through lighting cable!) and have been mooching around in the kitchen.

A recent addition to kitchen equipment has been the impulse-purchase of a couple of egg-poachers of a type I'd not seen before.  It turns out that these are excellent for washing and delivering newly-hatched brine shrimp!

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

You're always finding a better use for things. :D
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Baddams
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 91 times

Will you be in trouble when Mrs Vale! fancies poached eggs on Sunday morning?
Planted Fluval 240 Roma
18 Harlequins
18 Norman's Lampeyes
12 Amano Shrimp
8 Panda Corydoras
6 Kuhli Loaches
4 Otos
3 Pearl Gouramis
2 Assassin Snails
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Haha! No, B - she hasn't used them yet, so it's not until Sunday morning (or whenever) that she'll challenge for ownership if she likes them. But she was resigned long ago to having to look for missing kitchen equipment in my fishy area. 

The pic I posted above included the little tube that I use for hatching very small batches of brine shrimp.  Yesterday afternoon I cranked up 'my'* method of hatching medium batches.  I did explain it in Another Place but thought it could be useful to introduce it here, too.  It's everso easy once you have the seawater prepared and can gather a glass, or plastic tumbler, something to make a divider and a half-lid with, and some gaffer tape.

* the idea, which I've adapted slightly, came from a Member on a different forum. To my shame I've forgotten his name, so can't credit him directly.