Food brands

Food, feeding and diet.
ivybell

What is everyone's go to brand of food? Currently I feed a mix of flakes, bloodworm, daphnia, pellets and wafers from varies brands. Is one type of food better than the other?. Am I doing it right by given them a variety of food.
Juwel Vision 180
5 corys
6 guppys
2 honey gouramis (barry and paul)
4 neons
3 black tetras
3 mollys (dobby, DC, buckbeak)
6 penguin tetras 
Fluval 125
3 Angel fish
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Mixed foods are good, I use frozen bloods worms, mosquito and daphnia as well. Also veggie once a week, blanched crushed peas, courgette, peppers etc.
Our LFS stocks mostly JBL and their own brand but I stick to JBL, little more cost wise but think it’s better, might be wrong haha. I do know manufacturers do pack in stores own labels, so maybe I should rethink that haha.
Last edited by Annie on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bikini Bottom - 168l Bronze, Peppered & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry & Green Tiger Barb, Amanos The Kremlin - 58l  Bronze Corys
QT - 15l
Bronze Cory Fry
Baddams
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 91 times

I use good old Tetramin flakes, PaH own brand sinking pellets & tubifex cubes. JBL algae wafers and Tetra pasteurised sachets (bloodworm, daphnia & brine shrimp) as well as frozen bloodworm from PaH and peas/spinach/courgette etc.

I'm not that hung up on brands. I think as long as you're varying their diet (as per Annie) and mixing up the brands, then it won't be an issue.
Planted Fluval 240 Roma
18 Harlequins
18 Norman's Lampeyes
12 Amano Shrimp
8 Panda Corydoras
6 Kuhli Loaches
4 Otos
3 Pearl Gouramis
2 Assassin Snails
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

New life spectrum pellets or the gamma blister packs for frozen :)
Vary it about, with fresh veg for my pleco :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Jen1981
Posting Legend
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 90 times

I use a mixture of fluval bugbites, hikari & frozen foods
150l
Apistogramma Hongsloi (Basil & Bertha), Ember Tetras, Sulawesi & Nerite snail, Pygmy Cory & fry (C Hastatus), Oto’s, emerald eyes, 2 Honey Gouramis (Sam & Dean), Ghost Shrimp & not forgetting the 3 orphaned mosquito raspboras
40l
Betta Splendens (Kung Fu Bob), Nerite snail, Salt & Pepper Pygmy Cory
100l (I think.....)
2 Fancy Goldfish (2 Ronnie’s) & their 2 snail friends, Woody & Buzz
stuaz
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

I mix all the dry food into the a small tupperware tub and then feed from that so they get a selection each day. Then for the corys I put in specifically sinking protein pellets for them. I dont worry toooo much about brands but I tend to use NLS, Bugbites, Hikari and NT Labs and then some frozen foods which i can't recall the name.

For the shrimp only tanks they eat different types of food to the fish anyway but again I mix there dry foods which are a mixture of snowflake, pollen, algae pellets, dried nettles etc and then alternative between that and fresh veg, but they only get fed every other day.