Where to Buy Plants

fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Aquaessentials boxed plants are good as well. They send you a nice selection depending on the size you purchase. eg 50L plant bundle or 250L
thebendyfox
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 149 times

Looking at doing a plant order in the next couple of days (thread incoming over the weekend... ::shh:: ) - would people recommend Aqua Essentials? I would have normally gone to Aquarium gardens, but none of the plants I am looking at are in stock there.
Alea iacta est

::60ltr Community Tank:: - Cockatoo Cichlid Pair; Cockatoo Cichlid Fry, 12x Cherry Barbs; 6x Amano Shrimp
Tycho
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 156 times

I've used aqua essentials and they were really good!

One thing I was really impressed with was how they recycle packaging although for my last order the results were a bit mixed 😳

thebendyfox

::wtf::
Alea iacta est

::60ltr Community Tank:: - Cockatoo Cichlid Pair; Cockatoo Cichlid Fry, 12x Cherry Barbs; 6x Amano Shrimp
Tycho
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 156 times

I know I was a little taken aback too tbh!

Apparently they collect boxes etc from surrounding businesses and the boxes in good enough condition get reused and the rest get put through a maachine that turns them into packaging... I did suggest that maybe the box they used for me should have been turned to packaging.
thebendyfox

Or at least a little proof read in the name of customer service :grin:
Alea iacta est

Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2268 times
Been liked: 1928 times

You could also try Tropical fishkeeping uk on
https://tropicalfishkeeping.co.uk/?fbcl ... TWWxXGf1_k
They have a facebook page under the same name, I know someone who has used them with good results, but they were low on stock when I tried so I went with Aquarium Gardens got my delivery today from an order placed on Sunday so quicker than expected :grin:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
thebendyfox

I’m going to place an order on Sunday, as that’s when things should have arrived so that I can get the tank up and running when the plants land.

Which reminds me I need to make sure the bog wood sinks...
Alea iacta est

thebendyfox

Thought it would be only fair to update this: Ordered the plants from Aqua Essentials on the Saturday, and they arrived by Monday! All in very good condition. Well pleased ::thumb::
Alea iacta est

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

thebendyfox wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:01 pm Thought it would be only fair to update this: Ordered the plants from Aqua Essentials on the Saturday, and they arrived by Monday! All in very good condition. Well pleased ::thumb::
Aqua Essentials are very good, I have used them a few times and they are my 2nd choice of supplier. Aquarium Gardens are my first choice but unfortunately as you found out, they don't always have the plants in stock when you want them.

Stay safe & healthy everyone
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)