EasyLife Easy Carbo

KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Any users here? Can someone confirm if this is intended to be used in addition to other fertilisers or if it also contains all the other required components? I had a look on their website but wasn't much clearer. I suspect it is used in addition to other regular ferts but wanted to check. My CO2 has run out and I've missed the boat to get my annual freebie fire extinguishers so I thought I'd have a dabble with liquid carbon sources as an experiment.
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

It's basically a solution of glutaraldehyde, the components of which are : carbon ; hydrogen ; and oxygen. Normally used as a disinfectant, at concentrations above those recommended it'll act as one in an aquarium!

I read a long time ago that it works (if it can be said to do so!) by entering the chain of processes that compose photosynthesis at an appropriate point, thus bypassing the need for a plant to put energy into the bits of photosynthesis that precede it in the chain, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, the upshot is that it's supposed to offer plants an 'easy' way to take up carbon. Other macro-and micro-nutrients need to be dosed in addition.

I tried it - I may well still have some in my museum - but I can't say I noticed it having a huge effect. YMMV, of course!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Yes I've used it, works great at killing algae! helps a bit with plants.
Use it along side ferts or along side liquid co2 for the anti-algae benefits.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Cheers, I suspected as much. I already have some EasyLife Profito so I might get some easy carbon to add to it and see what happens. Easylife put the important info in little notes and seal them to the bottle in a plastic window so you cant tell whats in it just from reading the back of the bottle in a shop!
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

fr499y wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 14:13 pm Yes I've used it, works great at killing algae! helps a bit with plants.
Use it along side ferts or along side liquid co2 for the anti-algae benefits.
I’m interested in this. I thought easy carbo is liquid co2 ?
Am I getting it wrong? Literally trying to kill BBA for ages now with no luck. Something is not right..
was dosing ferts along with easy carbo, and no change 🙈 read loads of success stories how people get rid of BBA but no matter what I do, nothing changes.. 😭😭
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Yes its liquid co2, but glutaraldehyde ( the main ingredient ) is a great algaecide. If you want to get rid of algae, double dose that or use hydrogen peroxide.
Danmassey
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 73 times

To add my voice to others - using easylife easy carbo alongside easylife profito. Don't have amazing plant growth like with actual CO2 but able to get moderately difficult plants and those with pinker leaves to grow.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

By doing 50% weekly waterchanges and daily dosing of Easycarbo plus Profito can produce pretty impressive results.

WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

I’m just doing something wrong .. seems like tried everything . Would low KH affect this somehow?
Last edited by Redpanda on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2115 times
Been liked: 761 times

My tank Easylife Profito Easylife Carbo... no co2 seems do well in my tank.
Create Not Hate