Redwood line stone info?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

Anyone know anything about redwood line stone? It's on offer on All pond solutions but not much info. I'd like to know if it will affect my PH and hardness. All pond solutions don't know! I can't find much info on it on the interweb either?!! Cheers
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Chadders wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 am Anyone know anything about redwood line stone? It's on offer on All pond solutions but not much info. I'd like to know if it will affect my PH and hardness. All pond solutions don't know! I can't find much info on it on the interweb either?!! Cheers
If the retailer doesn't know, is there any guarantee it is what they say it is anyway? I'd certainly give it a miss!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

I'm currently trying to extract some kind of response from APS about this (because I don't know this stuff intimately - but I've seen it in shops). Their 'product help' arrangements seem arcane to say the least : the early appearance of a "helpful bot" (it isn't, at all, in context), a long list of FAQs (none of which are relevant) and an 18-minute wait (so far) for a meaningful 'chat' response isn't endearing me to this company!

I'm giving up. I've attempted to send an e-mail-type message but there was no confirmation that it was actually received at APS's end. I'll report back if anything does eventually happen!
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner

Update : if you forget the 'red' bit and Google for 'wood stone', references are much more forthcoming!

It appears that it is in fact fossilised wood and should be chemically inert in an aquarium.
Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

Thanks Vale I actually spoke to Scaped nature https://www.scapednature.com/pages/aquascaping they sell the same item they were very helpful. You are right it's a fossilised wood in this instance probably redwood as in the description. All pond solutions info and actually their website is pants
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner

Just popping back to report APS's verdict, now in :

"​We have looked into this for you and we do not believe that the Red wood line stone should affect the parameters in the tank. We do hope this information helps."

Believe? Should? Sounds like a guess or a Google to me!