Too tacky?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

I dont know why, but I always want to change my tank about. I've resisted the urge to add more fish, I cant have plants because the b'stards destroy them. Looking at my probably near 60kg of driftwood in there and it looks cluttered and messy (I liked it like that last week! Lol)
Looking at the above which would be a centre piece with maybe bit of wood or rocks either end as they are around 72cm long and I have 180 odd to play with.
What did you think?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

I nearly did a sunken ship marine tank but changed my mind on it. I do like some of them and in the right setup can look amazing.

Photo owner: Daniel Nestorio
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

Recently watched this - i think done right, anything can look good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSvVViInwg
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Both those look good.
I do love my driftwood in there but only when it's all fitted together right and once I've cleaned each week it never goes back together how I wanted and looks disjointed and messy.
I think a galleon would be good, but itll have to be a fair size with fair size hides as my tank is big and so are the fish.
I need to see an xxl one in the flesh I think to gauge it, anyone know a stockists of giant ornaments?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

fr499y wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 13:31 pm https://www.swallowaquatics.co.uk/aquar ... gJgZPD_BwE seen one in the flesh and its HUGE
Wow, that's a beast!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3411 times

I really do not like these shipwrecks, helicopter wrecks, ruins etc.. as they are not natural looking but must admit they can look good and good fun too.
Those wrecks are often more expensive than natural products such as wood, branches, roots, plants etc..
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)