Water & Drainage

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Afterburned
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unfortunately loo is in the middle of the house, all outside sewer drains are the opposite side! There is a rainwater drain nearby but didn't think that was legal.
Marina Vue 60l, EHEIM pickup 160
Java Fern, Java Moss, Echinodorus midifleur, Loads of Vallis, Frogbit?
3 red cherry, 3 fire red & 6 amano shrimp.
Guppys (1m 3f adult and many fry of different sizes!)
2 Dwarf Banjo Cats
Afterburned
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 50 times

codheadjohn wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 18:15 pm Pretty much exactly what I'll be doing. It's not illegal, it's basically a giant U-bend.

My only difference is that the toilet is closer, but I don't want to drill into the soil pipe and mess it up
That's good to hear! Are you using the 32mm pipe or something else?
Marina Vue 60l, EHEIM pickup 160
Java Fern, Java Moss, Echinodorus midifleur, Loads of Vallis, Frogbit?
3 red cherry, 3 fire red & 6 amano shrimp.
Guppys (1m 3f adult and many fry of different sizes!)
2 Dwarf Banjo Cats
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

Afterburned wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 14:49 pm Unfortunately loo is in the middle of the house, all outside sewer drains are the opposite side! There is a rainwater drain nearby but didn't think that was legal.
If it's exclusively for the water from the tank I don't see an issue. I would
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

Afterburned wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 14:50 pm
codheadjohn wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 18:15 pm Pretty much exactly what I'll be doing. It's not illegal, it's basically a giant U-bend.

My only difference is that the toilet is closer, but I don't want to drill into the soil pipe and mess it up
That's good to hear! Are you using the 32mm pipe or something else?
Probably 1 inch flexible hose and connect it into a washing machine style adapter at the sink. I want to hide it behind the skirting board, so needs to be small.
cdelly
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 22 times

When the extension is being built can't you get the underground drainage pipe extended?

The best way to automate a water change is 2 pumps of the same speed. 1 to fill the other to empty.

You will need to work out, required speed and time based on length of piping on each pump.

Once worked out you could have them on timers to change the water even when not there. A reservoir of fresh water would be needed.

You can get auto water change tubs, you just fill up with fresh water and the gubbins on the tub do the change for you. A lot of marine tank owners use reeffloat
Cheers
Chris
Cheers
Chris

Still know nothing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: