🌿 do I need to rescape?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2115 times
Been liked: 761 times

Hello all

As you can see in these photo one of the Lagenandra meeboldii red has grown so big that it roots are coming out of the ground...
What should I do...
Is it a sign for rescape...

Create Not Hate
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Hmmm... rescape with deeper substrate or dump a handful on that plant... how much time you got? :)
Drifty
Posting Legend

black ghost wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 13:39 pm Hmmm... rescape with deeper substrate or dump a handful on that plant... how much time you got? :)
If I rescape it be a whole new look I will use around 90% of the plants that in there but not the Lagenandra meeboldii red and I will change the substrate complete too.
What I have in mind is build a rock cliff in the back all the way long leave a gap in the back for filter to sit and hide it all by putting all the rotala in the back then on the rock cliff I put some java moss and small grown plants... then in the front from the cliff to the front glass carpet it.

but was hoping to do that in a new tank lol

Should I just pull that one out cut it roots if it connected to others?
Create Not Hate
black ghost
Posting Legend

Yeah if you don’t want to redo that tank just pull it out...
What you’re planning sounds like a nice tank. I’m personally not into grass carpets but the rocky bank at the back looks nice in my head...
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

Personally I would just dump more gravel around that plant to cover the root for now, or just cut it off level with the gravel although that seems a shame if it's a nice plant someone else might want it, re scaping can take a while like you say much easier to do that with a new tank plus you do not have to rush so it's more enjoyable, what you have in mind sounds lovely I really like the look of carpets but don't want to put in the necessary work! Be careful that no small fish can get trapped behind the rock wall when you build it - what tank were you thinking of?
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Drifty
Posting Legend

Staffylover wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 18:32 pm Personally I would just dump more gravel around that plant to cover the root for now, or just cut it off level with the gravel although that seems a shame if it's a nice plant someone else might want it, re scaping can take a while like you say much easier to do that with a new tank plus you do not have to rush so it's more enjoyable, what you have in mind sounds lovely I really like the look of carpets but don't want to put in the necessary work! Be careful that no small fish can get trapped behind the rock wall when you build it - what tank were you thinking of?
I'm think 30l or 50l maybe even another roma 90l match the one I got... something for Betty fish, lemon shrimps, snails and have it with ro water.
Create Not Hate
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

90l would be a bit big for just a betta and shrimp (they'd need a load of cover to hide from the betta), as it's not big enough to have a betta in a community with any success. ;)
black ghost
Posting Legend

plankton wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:52 am 90l would be a bit big for just a betta and shrimp (they'd need a load of cover to hide from the betta), as it's not big enough to have a betta in a community with any success. ;)
Depends on the individual Betta really. Some are laid back and not aggressive.