Recommendations for a nano air pump?

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Cylindric
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 44 times

I have a small 20L planted shrimp tank and was toying with the idea of adding a bit of aeration in there, as much for the decorative effect as anything else I guess.

I dug out my old Eheim 200 I had lying around from an old tank, and as one might imagine that creates an effect not unlike a jacuzzi :D
I could just restrict it down with a little valve, but it seems somewhat over-kill...

Can anyone recommend a really small and very quiet air pump for a nano tank? Most things I see online are the "race to the bottom" cheap-sh*t import stuff, and I can't believe any of the marketing claims.
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 310 times

I can't really fault the cheap hygger one I got from Amazon, very low-powered but gives that wee bit of surface agitation my tank was needing. Had it a couple of years and it quietly away with no hassle.
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

Could you get an attachment for the output on your filter which draws air in? I see a number of starter pack filters do this (the filters themselves are very basic and I find easily lose flow if the sponge is too fine)

It is like a T section on the outlet with a small peice of airline to the surface... a cheap option requiring no extra power.

like this:

The only noise other than the filter itself a gargling noise but remedied that by stuffing a piece of foam at the end, or some have a cap that goes at the end of the airline to cushion the sound
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss