Operation Bankruptcy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Lost one of my torpedo barbs and I was looking to increase their numbers anyway so I now have 3 baby Torps settling in.
However I was also interested to find the shop had 3 Melanotaenia parva left so as I'm not overstocked I picked those up as well. They are all still small and not coloured up so not really worth filming yet. They aren't easy to sex at this age either, hoping for a M+2F trio but time will tell if they survive OK. The shop has a good reputation and I've had fish from them before so fingers crossed.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Sorry to hear about the torpedo, but glad you've found replacements and new rainbows.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Sorry for your loss Kev :(
I’ll look forward to seeing how the newcomers get on :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

The new rainbow arrivals are still OK but all still a mix of greys and mauve colours which is apparently typical of M parva until they mature. Behaviour suggests I have at least 1 male which would be nice. My lights are timed to go out at 9pm so there isn't much of a window to get video without it being a big reflection fest but I'll see what I can do this weekend. The baby torpedoes are becoming a bit more trusting of the big fish now, they hung around the back of the spray bar pipe for about 3 days, it must have been a bit of a shock for them.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Threw together a few snippets, lots of reflections I'm afraid. There's a bit of reddening in one gill/pectoral fin base area on one side in one fish but otherwise they seem fine. Will keep an eye on it. As said before they are too small to show any proper colours but at least are no longer the washed out pale grey they were in the shop.

Some definite purple tints of colour and a dark lateral line is clearer now with a couple of vertical lines a bit like female boesmani starting to appear. I keep thinking one of them may be showing early stages of going partly red but it might just be the lighting.

https://vimeo.com/535069038
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

I can never get over the size of some of your fish Kev. They are great.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

what's your total stocking in there now kev?
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 761 times

very nice :)
Create Not Hate
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

F3l1ss wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 19:48 pm what's your total stocking in there now kev?
Sorry for late reply. It doesn't look quite as busy in real life as on the video, the fish start swimming about together more when I go near the tank with a camera :) From memory this is all that's currently in

4 x Blehers rainbow
3 x Banded rainbow
3 x Lake Kurumoi rainbow
2 x Parkinsons rainbow
1 x Turquoise rainbow
1 x Allens rainbow
1 x Unknown (gift) rainbow, probably hybrid inc yellow rainbow
6 x Torpedo (Denison) barb
4 x Siamese algae eater

I know that a number of these should be in larger groups but I've not recovered from the freak poisoning of 2019 which left a number of odds and sods small numbers and they are quite long lived fish as you know. I built the Blehers back up to 6 but lost 2 (new batch were all small and not fully quarantined by shop) and the banded and lake Kurumoi were both cases of last remaining ones in the shop at the time. Mostly they seem to get along fine. The turquoise was being a bit aggressive recently but has calmed down again now.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4200 times

Andys temperate tank wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 23:22 pm I can never get over the size of some of your fish Kev. They are great.
Nor can I, some of them are absolute 'Tanks' lol