Operation Bankruptcy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Although I didn't plan to replace the turquoise female I was in a LFS and took pity on a little Parkinson's male that was getting bullied a bit by some bigger males. I still have an adult female parkies but no males anymore so it was sort of justifiable. I didn't realise just how little he was until I saw him close to one of the big trifasciata and feared the worst but he's remained off the menu and has come out of his shell a bit recently. Will try to get a bit of video at the weekend.
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

Looking forward to the video :)
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

It's not the best quality but here's a quick glimpse at the little fella. I think he's actually grown a bit since I got him so just puts him out of the range of th ebiggest fish and I've not seen anyone have a go at him so he seems fairly confident but sticks to the upper level mostly

https://vimeo.com/479355945
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5469 times
Been liked: 2683 times

He’s so tiny! Especially compared to them big buggers behind him :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Quick off the cuff video of a couple of the big lads half heartedly squaring up.
https://vimeo.com/481399925
Also, I was given a couple of unidentified rainbows by a lfs some time ago. I don't know if they were having a clear out or had got them in part exchange but they asked if I wanted them as they knew I'd lost a lot of stock last year. They were small and a bit nondescript (though clearly different from each other in body shape) so difficult to tell if they were genuine species or just random hybrids. They've now grown quite a bit and although I'm still not 100% sure what they are one of them has started to colour up when there's some courtship activity going on and that's the yellowy coloured fish that keeps nipping in and out among the big boys in the video. Maybe it has some M herbertaxelrodi genes?
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Nothing much going on but while the fish were massing at one end of the tank waiting to be fed I thought I'd just do a quick hand held roam down the length of it (excuse the 'unsteadycam' technology). Plants looking a bit dire at the moment, might have a bit of a rescape over the holidays.

https://vimeo.com/488513936
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Your Rainbows are stunning!
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5469 times
Been liked: 2683 times

The swap/sale section is closed off atm because of covid and restrictions (notice on the main forum page ;))
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Yes, KB - the 'Classified - for sale' section is locked down for now, as explained in the rubric on the forum front page (you may not be able to see that easily on the device you're using).

While your offer abides by the letter of that forum law (because you're not actually selling anything!) I feel it's probably outwith its spirit (because you're offering to send stuff outside your lockdown area).

I'll leave you to do the right thing? ::angel::

[Edit : GL got there before me, as ever!]
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sorry, didn't see the Covid notice just thought it was a site glitch. I'll bin them then no problem.