Operation Bankruptcy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

I'm running mine at 25-26C,its a bit top end for torpedos but I think the rainbows wouldn't like it much lower, at the moment all seem pretty happy.
Hanlou
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 78 times

Love watching your tank videos - absolutely stunning!  :)
Love Han xxx

55 litre Shrimp tank is planted up ...... just letting it grow and mature for now!  :)  xx
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thanks it's been a bit of an adventure and still plenty to learn?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

It's nice to see it settled again, hope it stays that way now.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Waiting for a call today to see if a lfs has been successful in getting hold of some small bleheri for me.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Si4geckos wrote:
KevB wrote: Have you thought about denison barbs? With your tank being long it would really suit a small group of them.

Tempted by an orange sailfin molly but my water is soft. But I’ve broken most other ‘rules’ so may give it a go. 
I would avoid fish that need hard water if your water is soft, molly will die in soft water.
I have actually seen molly suffer and die in soft water and it was a sad sight.  :(
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Good news is they've come through with some C bleheri. Bad news is he says they are small enough that he's not guessing the sexes. I will go look at them tomorrow and see if I can guess any better. Might have to buy more than planned to give me better odds?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Good luck.
"Might have to buy more than planned to give me better odds" ;)  *snigger*
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

He's selling at £7 each, local MA sell at £19 each when in stock. I' ll take the risk. :-)
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Well he wasn't kidding. Having kept C bleheri I thought i might have more of a 'trained eye' to perhaps spot which fish might be M or F. They are so small i had to take his word for it they were actually the correct species ! Ah well, just have to feed them up and see what they develope into. It works in my favour anyway as what I was really after was a few more females as people naturally want the more impressive males. So if the 5 I bought turn out to be too many males I could easily sell them on (assuming I can catch them in my tank!).
They actually run a discount scheme if you spend over a certain amount so I got money off which of course just prompted me to decide to pick up 3 very nice looking M trifasciata at the same time. They were from an all male group in the lfs tank so I'm hoping they already have some sort of hierarchy and will settle in OK. The total for 5 v small bleheri and 3 adult trifasciata should have been £65 but was discounted down to £57 which just happens to be exactly what I would have paid for just 3 (admittedly larger) bleheri alone if MA had them in stock. Once the trifasiata settle in and colour up a bit I will take a bit of video. The bleheri are just going to be slightly nondescript slender silvery fish for a while yet :-)