Operation Bankruptcy

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Fingers crossed you've got what you wanted for that value. :D
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

Just a quick point and shoot video. I didnt want to disturb the new fish too much so I moved back and used the zoom function on the phone which means its hard to keep the image stable. The 3 new male M trifasciata have coloured up nicely considering they have only been in since Sunday and all 3 make an appearance in first 30 seconds swimming in from right to left.
The occasional baby C bleheri makes a brief appearance but they were mainly in centre of tank and this is the left hand side so you sometimes see a silvery grey little fish zip around top right corner. Some of them are just showing a bit of faint orange in the tail fins but they have a lot of growing to do. I just hope they get enough food and dont get outcompeted. Will have to keep and eye on them. There are still gertrudae around so I've not lost them all, I've seen 12 together at once, there may be as many as 15 of the original 20 purchased.

https://vimeo.com/368102340

Last edited by KevB on Wed Oct 23, 2019 16:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

Beautiful! I love the way your plants hang off the branches.

I had to remove one of my smaller rainbows to my small tank as it was getting starved in the face of the competition from the bigger rainbows.
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

So the baby C bleheri are now starting colour up and show some behaviours. On this evidence I think at least 2 of the 5 bought are males, the little scamps are even showing a bit of display attitude to each other (check the video below around 1:35). I was really looking to bolster the numbers of females so fingers crossed the other 3 at least turn out female otherwise I can see the tank descending into rainbow madness :-O
https://vimeo.com/370389886
Last edited by KevB on Fri Nov 01, 2019 20:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Looks like rainbow behaviour. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Did my water change a day early this week and have given my FX6 a clean out as it was a bit overdue. I also did a bit of gravel vaccing. I don't know if I've dissturbed a hiding place but I've just counted 10 baby assasin snails. It's the only thing that has succesfully bred in my tank and i don't even have problem snails for them to feed on, guess they are just hoovering up bits of leftovers. Hadnt seen an egg for ages so I'm wondering if the SAE's were eating snail eggs and now they are not in the tank its given the assassins a better chance.
Last edited by KevB on Sat Nov 02, 2019 16:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Good video Kev of your lovely fish :)
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Trying some algae treatments at the moment and doing some plant pruning so plants not looking great, hence I'm avoiding any videos showing much greenery. However, to verify that I havent fallen off a cliff here's a couple of recent clips.

My P gertrudae have dwindled in numbers though they dont show any signs of illness. I'm suspecting the large trifasciata might be picking off some smaller ones. However, I appear to have at least 2 males left as I caught them squaring up one evening right at the surface just after feeding :

https://vimeo.com/373770503

The other is a species that recurs on many of my videos as they are just so lively but I'd forgotten just how dark in the body males go when they are in full on courtship duty, the permanently randy C bleheri :

https://vimeo.com/373770309
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

I miss that behaviour from when i had the signifers :)
The bleheri is well in the mood :D
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

Shame about the gertudae. I had to move a smaller rainbow to a little tank as it was getting out competed for food all the time and wasting away. I'm not sure i'd mix rainbows, they're so voracious in their appetites! Much likr your bleheri, who look awesome btw :D