Marina Vue 87L Tank Log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
RedLee
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 127 times

Thought I'd share a few Cory pics. The 4 remaining Pandas seem to be doing fine. :)

I like to watch them swimming up and down the glass in formation as in the last picture. It looks even better when they all do it together.

I struggle to get decent pictures on my phone as they usually come out all blurred.
Marina Vue 87L - 4 Harelquin Rasbora, 2 Honey Gourami, 9 Panda Cory, 6 Cherry Barb, 4 Amano Shrimp
Filtration Fluval 207
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Just checking about those "spots", glad it's not anything. :)
RedLee

A quick update on the gourami breeding situation.
I didn't see any fry hatch and after 36-48hrs I fed some very finely crushed flake just in case.
I continued this for a few days but still didn't see any fry.

The bubble nest was still there but I decided to continue with the water change.
This disrupted the bubble nest and now there is no nest at all and no discernible fry.
Marina Vue 87L - 4 Harelquin Rasbora, 2 Honey Gourami, 9 Panda Cory, 6 Cherry Barb, 4 Amano Shrimp
Filtration Fluval 207
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Better luck next time then. :)
RedLee

A quick update on the tank as I haven't posted for a while.

I lost one of the Hets before Christmas. There was a white growth around the base of its tail.
I netted it to take a closer look when its tail fell off and it died.
I kept a close eye on the remaining 4 Hets and, up to now, they look fine.

Around new year I lost another Panda Cory. There was no obvious signs of disease, the same as the last time one died.
Out of the 5 I bought, the two that died were very small and tended to hang out alone, whereas the remaining 3 put on more growth and hang around together.
So, I'm thinking that the two dead corys were not in the best of health when I bought them.

The Amanos are still around, when not hiding, and I find the odd shed skin from time to time.

The Honey Gouramis have been at it again. A new bubble nest and the male chasing everything else away.
I have added some floating plants since the last time they spawned and the nest is among them.
We'll see if anything comes of this.

I'm looking to add some otos in the next week.
Filtration Fluval 207
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Sorry for your losses :(
Keep us posted on the honeys, my betta has recently taken to using the leaves of the anubias above the water to build his nests around :)
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Sorry to hear of your losses. :(
What is the diet? I ask as most people still think of corys as scavengers, which they aren't, and therefore don't feed properly.
RedLee

I feed, daily, a combination of flake, freeze dried blood worm and Bug Bites, along with pellets for the cory's.
I tend to overfeed a bit so that some of the other types of food gets to the bottom.
My reasoning is so that the cory's and amanos can pick at other food and not just pellets.
Filtration Fluval 207
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Do you soak the freeze-dried stuff for 20 mins before feeding?
If not, that will upset the digestive systems as it extracts water from the stomach.
What sort of pellets are they? They should be high protein ones.
Frozen and live is better for them, smaller foods are better for pandas like daphnia and brine shrimp.
RedLee

No I don't soak them but thanks for the tip. Will do from now on.
The pellets are a high protein catfish pellet.
I've not got into the frozen or live foods yet but will look into it.
Filtration Fluval 207