New year, new puddle

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

most upsetting :(
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Sorry to hear. :(
Must be some sort of underlying problem with them.....unless they're actually a lot older than you think they are..... :(
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Sorry for your loss Martin (starting to feel like a stuck record) :(
I really hope you find out what the issue is soon
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Sorry you are still suffering losses Martin. Can imagine how frustrating this must be as theres no indication as to why :(
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

I really cannot make head nor tail of why it's happening. There is nothing wrong with the parameters of the aquarium, all the other inmates are perfectly healthy to the point of I actually noticed the Zebra Danio's were spawning this morning after I removed the dead Barb.

I have seriously never had strange losses like this for years and I cannot explain what's going on. All I can say is I will give it time and if the other two survive then I will quarantine some new Ruby Barb's ... as the saying goes, if you first don't succeed... :(
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

I've found there are fish that I just can't keep, no matter what I do. They include threadfin rainbows and trilineatus corys (even though I can keep other species of cory)
Martinspuddle

plankton wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:25 am I've found there are fish that I just can't keep, no matter what I do. They include threadfin rainbows and trilineatus corys (even though I can keep other species of cory)
Only thing is I don't remember having trouble keeping Ruby Barbs before, and Staffylover has kindly offered me her three Barbs so I'm somewhat concerned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

It's not that then.
I can only think that there was some underlying problem that's just decided to manifest itself.
I've had fish that have gone through quarantine, got to around 6 months and then decided they have internal problems, so you can't cut everything out.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Sorry to read of all your losses. Very strange indeed. You don't think there could have been something unsuitable in the peat filter? Perhaps some additive?
Martinspuddle

Ric wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:22 am You don't think there could have been something unsuitable in the peat filter? Perhaps some additive?
Anything's possible @Ric and not going to rule out even the peat filter or any of the additives used. The main concern is why on earth is only the Barbs that are dying, other three species Black Neons, Pristella Tetras and the Zebra Danios are not show any difficulties with feeding and are thriving, so I'm at a complete loss at the moment.