The Zebra Pleco Tank (L046)

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 836 times

Don't you love it when a plan comes together :)

Just been sat watching the new tank for 10mins and already seen all 4 zebras. The system seems to be working.

Due to changes, swapsies and things available to me I traded in my recent small L397s and now have x3 more subadults, but decided to put them in the big tank with my mature male. All is well that end.

That means I now have a Zebra focused tank again and I've added a num er of Cardinal tetra as dither fish. They all just hid in one corner in the big tank, so the dim lighting seems to bring them out a bit more. I was going to add about 10, but they look great and add interest while the zebras hide, so I'm slowly adding about 25 from the main tank. About 7 a week or as many I can catch! Not easy.

So the serengeti is no more. It's now back to being the zebra tank (that I actually see) and a cardinal only display tank during the day, which is actually a cool looking tank anyway.

Really happy how visible they're becoming. Now do I need some more. Hmmm...
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

They really are special fish!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Will you have to "turkey baster" the food past the cardinals now? ;) :D
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

plankton wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:44 am Will you have to "turkey baster" the food past the cardinals now? ;) :D
Haha, maybe. I'm feeding mostly live foods now and tiny stuff at that. Microworms and daphnia are on the menu most days so a lot is still reaching the bottom. Fast flow means the food gets blown around quickly to, so is well distributed and the zebras look a little chunkier than they once did.
piker
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 192 times

Nice work Si,looking good
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

I got some new food with shrimp and lots of protein in that is bright pink tablets. Started feeding a quarter every night after dark and this one definitely looks as chunky as I've seen any other them so far. Also the poop is bright pink so easy to make sure they're eating.

Good times 😊
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Gorgeous plecos Si ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)