Bbroom89's Tank/s Log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
bbroom89
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

I have gone from City boy (As City as Norwich can be) to more country internet, blooming BT!
60L - Super Delta Betta Male, 11 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 Purple Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 5 Amano Shrimp, 2 Zebra Snails
240L - To be continued!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4248 times
Been liked: 3916 times

bbroom89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 17:30 pm I have gone from City boy (As City as Norwich can be) to more country internet, blooming BT!
Can't really blame BT. After the first lock down, internet traffic went up ten fold and the network just cannot cope.

A BT Open Reach engineer told me the whole telephone network needs updating with fibre linked to every home and business throughout the UK, problem is, no one wants to pay for it. Still look on the bright side, our internet is still faster than some third world countries. :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
bbroom89

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 17:38 pm
Can't really blame BT. After the first lock down, internet traffic went up ten fold and the network just cannot cope.

A BT Open Reach engineer told me the whole telephone network needs updating with fibre linked to every home and business throughout the UK, problem is, no one wants to pay for it. Still look on the bright side, our internet is still faster than some third world countries. :dodgy2:
Very true, I think they are doubting investment in fibre lines due to satellite internet not being too far away for the greater populace.
60L - Super Delta Betta Male, 11 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 Purple Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 5 Amano Shrimp, 2 Zebra Snails
240L - To be continued!
Martinspuddle

bbroom89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 17:45 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 17:38 pm

Very true, I think they are doubting investment in fibre lines due to satellite internet not being too far away for the greater populace.
Is your images opening now? ...mine are for the moment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbroom89

Still playing games here! Oh well i can see it in person, you guys need the pictures :D
240L - To be continued!
Martinspuddle

bbroom89 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 17:49 pm Still playing games here! Oh well i can see it in person, you guys need the pictures :D
How much have you and your family got linked to your network, wireless?

Test your internet speed here... https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
bbroom89

Its actually towards the top end of speed i usually get which is strange. Pics are showing though after rechecking so something was going on!
240L - To be continued!
bbroom89

Looking at the slate it will not work for Julies if this is the route i am going, looking at getting some paving slabs instead to create height and the right type of cave, is there anything to look out for in using paving slabs in the tank?
240L - To be continued!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3412 times

I am sure that paving slabs will not be suitable due to them being made of concrete.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 11 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)