Possible fungas on sterbai cory

robbo81
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 28 times

[quote="plankton" pid='34315' dateline='1567860036']
I half dose every day for a week if I think I have a problem. ;)
[/quote]

Half dose good idea. We shall give it a try. I had looked and pimafix and didn’t know if this was a better choice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

[quote=DoubleDutch]
Weird thing is it is almost only seen in Sterbai. Personally I think it is an excess of mucus caused by somekind of irritation it gets from "something" in the water / water parameters.

[/quote]

Likewise I have only seen this with the Sterbai cory.
It looks like a grey thin cloudy mucus.
It has not caused my sterbai cory issues in the long run, it was just there.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
robbo81

[quote="Stephen" pid='34326' dateline='1567861232']
[quote=DoubleDutch]
Weird thing is it is almost only seen in Sterbai. Personally I think it is an excess of mucus caused by somekind of irritation it gets from "something" in the water / water parameters.

[/quote]

Likewise I have only seen this with the Sterbai cory.
It looks like a grey thin cloudy mucus.
It has not caused my sterbai cory issues in the long run, it was just there.
[/quote]

Hi Stephen. And thanks

robbo81

Just an update. The little guy is not doing any better. Maybe slightly worse if anything ImageImage

I need to find some better meds than just the melafix I think now. With that and keeping on the water changes isn’t helping

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5056 times
Been liked: 3424 times

What are the water parameters and what's the diet?
Oh, and what conditioner are you using?
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
robbo81

[quote="plankton" pid='35885' dateline='1568790110']
What are the water parameters and what's the diet?
Oh, and what conditioner are you using?
[/quote]

Hi.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 30ppm
Ph 7.6 ish

I use api stress coat and to be honest I may have been very slightly over dosing in water changes . As for diet I feed a mix of tetra prima , algae wagers , a tetra sinking catfish pellets and couple times a week some I feed frozen foods , mainly blood worm

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5056 times
Been liked: 3424 times

Sorry, I meant hardness of water....
I believe the Stress Coat has aloe vera in it, and corys don't like that much, I had some strange goings-on when I used it once.
I feed frozen every day (unless it's a "rest" day) for the corys. They need the meat protein. Don't just feed bloodworm, give them a mix if you can.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
robbo81

[quote="plankton" pid='35895' dateline='1568792101']
I believe the Stress Coat has aloe vera in it, and corys don't like that much, I had some strange goings-on when I used it once.
I feed frozen every day (unless it's a "rest" day) for the corys. They need the meat protein. Don't just feed bloodworm, give them a mix if you can.
[/quote]

I unfortunately only have a test kit for ammonia nitrate nitrate and ph. I shall have to invest in a better test kit really. I shall up the amount of frozen food I give. I shall have to try and make sure the corys get some as usually the rest of the tank get it all before any sinks down to the bottom . I do occasionally skip a day or so of feeding as to not overfeed. I’ve never had an issue like this before with any of the panda corys or sterbai. Maybe I should switch the water conditioner??? Any recommendations?
Due another water change today at some point so I shall be careful I don’t use to much stress coat. I was using prime at one time but as I’m using biohome media I was advised against the use of prime.
Thanks
Rob

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

[quote=robbo81]
[quote=plankton]
[/quote]

I unfortunately only have a test kit for ammonia nitrate nitrate and ph. I shall have to invest in a better test kit really. I shall up the amount of frozen food I give. I shall have to try and make sure the corys get some as usually the rest of the tank get it all before any sinks down to the bottom . I do occasionally skip a day or so of feeding as to not overfeed. I’ve never had an issue like this before with any of the panda corys or sterbai. Maybe I should switch the water conditioner??? Any recommendations?
Due another water change today at some point so I shall be careful I don’t use to much stress coat. I was using prime at one time but as I’m using biohome media I was advised against the use of prime.
Thanks
Rob
[/quote]

Where are you located Rob? I can look the water hardness up for you from my datasheets.

The API Stress coat is expensive, try using Seachem Prime instead, it is a concentrate so you may require a 2ml syringe for the dosage, a bottle will last ages.
Seachem Prime is fine with all filter media.

All the best
Stephen
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)