Tycho
Has liked: 361 times
Been liked: 156 times

Looks like a bronze corydora
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Brochis multiradiatus. The pointed snout is a giveaway, and the dorsal fin, which has more rays than a Corydoras.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

black ghost wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 19:14 pm Brochis multiradiatus. The pointed snout is a giveaway, and the dorsal fin, which has more rays than a Corydoras.
Thanks that's him. A "Hognose" apparently he's called informally
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

black ghost wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 19:14 pm Brochis multiradiatus. The pointed snout is a giveaway, and the dorsal fin, which has more rays than a Corydoras.
I immediately thought brochis, cant be more accurate than that though ROFL
I thought it was too big and pointy for a cory :D
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Seeing the picture I immediately thought of Brochis splendens, but no the snout too long so it's got to be Brochis multiradiatus I thought until I looked it up to check on Seriously fish website today. Now it seems Brochis catfish have been recategorized as Corydoras. Years ago these fish were said to be not Corydoras family and were a different subspecies.

So now it seems that has been changed and this fish is officially called Corydoras multiradiatus.

I give up! :cry:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
black ghost
Posting Legend

It’s not certain yet whether they’re Brochis or Corydoras. Some authorities have moved them to Corydoras and others haven’t. Take your pick. B. multiradiatus is still a Brochis according to most of them.
Brochis were never subspecies of Corydoras. It was a genus in its own right. And they’ve always been in the same family as Corydoras. Families don’t change.
black ghost
Posting Legend

Checked with Eschmeyer’s Catalogue of Fishes, the official record of fish taxonomy, and Brochis is, for now, a synonym of Corydoras.
Corydoras itself is undergoing work and will no doubt be split at some point into at least 9 genera (the 9 lineages), so much more upheaval in the pipeline... eventually.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

black ghost wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 22:12 pm Brochis were never subspecies of Corydoras. It was a genus in its own right. And they’ve always been in the same family as Corydoras. Families don’t change.
I put subspecies what I should have said was subfamily.

Brochis will be the name I'll always use for them and I doubt if I would ever change.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: