Cory behaviour?

Chadders
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 40 times

VikingMummy2015 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 19:14 pm Love it when my cories start swimming about. Their little tails remind me of the old wind up toys I used to have in my bath as a kid 🤣
I know watching fish supposed to be relaxing but not Cory :woo: :D
fras_fras
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Guys, I was indeed looking for such a post. ::thumbu::
I introduced two albino corys two days ago in my tank. I hoped they could simply interact with the pepper corys and blend in a larger group. Instead, while at first the albinos were a bit intimidated and remained in a corner isolated, now are swimming everywhere, like caffeine-filled crazy fishes.

They have been doing it for at least one day and a half and never really went to meet the other occupants of the tank. I was/am worried that they will die of a heart attack or something.
You say it is normal, but I am a bit worried because they seem to be overexcited and sometimes I suspect that they really cannot see where they are, so they may be panicking. ::crazy::

So guys, you assure me that everything with these pale, little buddies is fine?
Thanks a lot.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

fras_fras wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 16:16 pm Guys, I was indeed looking for such a post. ::thumbu::
I introduced two albino corys two days ago in my tank. I hoped they could simply interact with the pepper corys and blend in a larger group. Instead, while at first the albinos were a bit intimidated and remained in a corner isolated, now are swimming everywhere, like caffeine-filled crazy fishes.

They have been doing it for at least one day and a half and never really went to meet the other occupants of the tank. I was/am worried that they will die of a heart attack or something.
You say it is normal, but I am a bit worried because they seem to be overexcited and sometimes I suspect that they really cannot see where they are, so they may be panicking. ::crazy::

So guys, you assure me that everything with these pale, little buddies is fine?
Thanks a lot.
Can’t really assure you they’re fine if you only have two. If they don’t shoal with the others you’ll need more...
fras_fras
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Yes, indeed.
However, the guy at Pets at Home where I bought them told me that they would eventually blend with the 2 pepper corys, making a pack of 4 catfish.
I am not sure if they will do it, as they are different, although belonging to the same family.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Take pets at homes advice with a pinch of salt. They don’t check water quality, if your tank is cycled, temperature your running etc, all they want to know is the size and what you currently have ( which again, doesn’t make a difference to them anyway )
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Oh, you only have two peppered aswell? Well they might shoal together (especially if the albinos are peppered) or they might not. Different species don’t always shoal together. You should really have half a dozen or more of each.