National geographic article on Cory's Vs Piranha.

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I personally don't see the point in this as an experiment, it seems unnecessary but it makes for interesting reading on what our armoured catfish friends can endure.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... nha-bites/
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

This has appeared on a few forums. Thing is, Corydoras are a natural food of Oscars, which can crunch right through them pretty easily. Piranhas have razor sharp teeth and extremely powerful jaws and can slice a Corydoras in two like a knife through butter (big ones can bite chunks out of wooden boat oars). But Piranhas don’t always eat every fish they meet, being mainly scavengers unless they’re very hungry. From my own experience they seem to enjoy mouthing armoured fish, like they’re ‘playing’ with them, or sizing them up, or ‘moving them on’... National Geographic print ‘interesting’ articles rather than science...
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I must admit I found it surprising they could withstand it. And from a scientific purpose I didn't see the point to be honest, seems cruel for the sake of it. I only believed it as I recognised national geograpic as reputable.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Ugh thats the second time today I’ve come across something about a piranha eating or attempting to eat another fish, the other was a video on youtube some “live feeding”, i didnt watch it literally read the title and raged! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!