German Blue Rams Temperature

Angel's, Discus, Oscars, Rams, Malawi etc.
Tsouthwalds
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 24 times

Spent hours watching them today and my aggressive one is now calmly following a female around and doesn't seem to be on chasing mode since putting new ones in last night but its not been long so will just monitor how it goes. Here is my tank. Please be kind only have a matter of weeks experience with everything. Purchased few weeks ago and was told I got put fish in after 3 days with aqua care bioboost and didn't know any different. Luckily not lost any fish. Still some tannis in the water from the wood. Its 240 litres

Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Very nice, Ts! Love the colour of the water. Is it soft water?

Are you monitoring for ammonia & nitrite?
Tsouthwalds
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 24 times

Yes been testing daily. Ph 6.7/7 ammonia and nitrite 0 and nitrate creeping up but only around 5ppm. I checked with water board and states water is moderately soft.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

German Rams were yellow with all black areas, ie the lateral spot, fronts of fins, and eye stripe, being jet black and never fading, even under stress. The lateral spot was also very big, as previously said.

Male Apistogramma nijsseni in breeding colours is a closer match to the German Ram than most current Rams are.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Very nice tank btw. I’d be very happy putting a pair of Rams in there.