Aaaah.....that's betta

Betta's, Gouramis etc
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

codheadjohn wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:10 pm Nice fish.

I've seen a few posts like the first one, where do you find these fish online? I'd like a browse through some sort of fishbay where I can look for a couple of the less common fish I'd like to keep.
@codheadjohn
I’m in some Facebook groups and they all talk about the Band app. That’s where livestock has to be sold now as Facebook have banned it anywhere in their domain. It’s mainly betta groups who i’ve Seen advertised but I would assume there are others.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

Well, I have no idea what the Band app is, I'll have a look. Thanks.

Was more hoping there'd be a website like classifieds. Ebay has some, but it's expensive delivery and a few of the suppliers I see are known to be dodgy.
Triumph-Rat
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 174 times

codheadjohn wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:10 pm Nice fish.

I've seen a few posts like the first one, where do you find these fish online? I'd like a browse through some sort of fishbay where I can look for a couple of the less common fish I'd like to keep.
They were on eBay
Everything I say and do are the result of multiple personalities. If it is offensive then it wasn't me!!
Triumph-Rat

So..... today the tanks were set up as best I could as I have had to crib plants from the big tank.

There is no background presently as my eldest son decided what I had was OK to tread all over when he was here last weekend and is now unusable and yes, that is a pair of kitchen chairs they are sat on as the double socket that I thought was behind the cabinet they were supposed to go on over the other side of the room doesn't exist ::wtf:: and all my extension cables are currently in use.

So now waiting for next weekend when my electrician mate can come and install a few more sockets in my living room :banghead:

Anyway, set up they are (for betta or for worse LOL, see what I did there!) and here they are:

Tested the water in the big tank today and parameters all good so have used water out of there as it has been cycling for a good while and is going to be drained tomorrow, thought it was best to make use of what I had.

Much more to do to them but that can wait until the sockets are in and they are drained to be moved.
Everything I say and do are the result of multiple personalities. If it is offensive then it wasn't me!!
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

They look great mate, the chairs are a nice touch ROFL

Can't wait to see them with your fish in :)
Triumph-Rat

mantis wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 18:08 pm They look great mate, the chairs are a nice touch ROFL

Thanks dude, picking them up Monday morning so will update then.

Also thinking of getting a few tetras for Persephone's tank but will leave Sir Daniel on his own except for some cleaners (probably shrimp)
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

Triumph-Rat wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 18:14 pm
mantis wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 18:08 pm They look great mate, the chairs are a nice touch ROFL

Thanks dude, picking them up Monday morning so will update then.

Also thinking of getting a few tetras for Persephone's tank but will leave Sir Daniel on his own except for some cleaners (probably shrimp)
Can't wait for the pic of the white betta.

A betta tank is going to be our next and only tank.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

Ah I saw another stunning betta today. But no way can I fit in another tank.... Wish I had an electrician mate who could put in a few extra sockets 😁😁

Tanks are looking good. Look forward to seeing them occupied.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Triumph-Rat

WinterRose73 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 19:58 pm Ah I saw another stunning betta today. But no way can I fit in another tank.... Wish I had an electrician mate who could put in a few extra sockets 😁😁

Tanks are looking good. Look forward to seeing them occupied.
Well, the event occurred and the tanks are now occupied ::thumb::

I now have some nice bogwood pieces that will be added thanks to @F3l1ss. Unfortunately they turned up while I was out getting the fish and were left with a neighbor and the fish were in the tank before he brought them round so couldn't do anything before they were added.

Not going to mess with them now, will leave it a day or two to let them settle before adding stuff.

Despite not planning on tankmates, when I saw the size of them I decided that the tanks would look a bit desolate with just them in it so got a small group (10, turned out to 11) of tetras and split them between the tanks, 5 and a half fish each!!

So far so good, no-one bothering anyone else and have seen all of them eating :)

Tried to take some decent photos but when I went to the tank they were a bit lens shy so:

Persephone's tank

Sir Daniels tank (just see him bottom right at the back)

And the best 'close-up' I managed to get of Sir Daniel, couldn't get any decent ones of Persephone cos of all the bubbles

WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

@Triumph-Rat If those are neons with Sir Daniel it may be worth keeping an eye on them... I recently ended up with one of my poor betta's tail and fins being nipped/shredded by the neons in with him 😔 (I never saw a thing but now that they are out he has made a full recovery).

PS, don't mean to teach you to suck eggs, as it were, just commenting on my very recent experience.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'