Minimum tank length question

Tetras, Hatchetfish, Pencilfish, Other Characin Fish (Silver Dollar, Headstander, Leporinus)
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

I'm very very confused now. According to the site below the 120cm Fusion is 325 ltrs. Although it says 130cm not 120.

https://www.stonesaquatics.co.uk/produc ... m-cabinet/

I am positive they told me yesterday that the Fusion 100 they are selling was 230ltrs. However looking at this site, the tank and cabinet don't seem to match 100% against the product lines offered.

https://www.aquatlantis.com/en/support/index/#

My head hurts now...!!!

@BigBen It's not bad, tanks are clean, varied stock, some of the staff are really helpful, others are a bit dismissive.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

120x40x60cm (LxWxH) according to the manufacturer's (Aquatlantis) website.
It's confusing, go with a Fluval Roma 240 much easier. ;)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Stephen wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:04 pm 120x40x60cm (LxWxH) according to the manufacturer's (Aquatlantis) website.
It's confusing, go with a Fluval Roma 240 much easier. ;)
or a rio 240 :D
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

WinterRose73 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:48 am
@BigBen It's not bad, tanks are clean, varied stock, some of the staff are really helpful, others are a bit dismissive.
I'll take a look at some point then. When they were where Aldi is now they were horrendous. Loads of "Pick n mix" deals. I'm looking for some nice wood without driving to the aquatic store in Bristol so might be worth a nosey.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

BigBen wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:29 pm
WinterRose73 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:48 am
I'll take a look at some point then. When they were where Aldi is now they were horrendous. Loads of "Pick n mix" deals. I'm looking for some nice wood without driving to the aquatic store in Bristol so might be worth a nosey.
I think they still do the pick and mix deals to some degree. They don't have a great selection of wood at the moment, I was hoping to pick some up but didn't really see much. Maidenhead had loads last time I was there? About a week ago...

Equally... It was Watermarque who sold me the Congos and said they'd be fine in my tank... 😡

I wasn't keen on the previous store, especially the reptile advice. They kept corn snakes on sand (irritating to belly scales) and they told me my rainbow boa did not need high humidity and required a basking lamp... Never had such poor advice in my life. 🤬 Oh, and I overhead advice to someone buying a hatchling corn (like a shoelace...) to put it in a 3ft viv. Very poor.

@Stephen and @fr499y ah I know I'm being a pain and fussy... Sorry. I specifically want a white cabinet and tank trim. I don't personally like ones which overhang the stand although my current one does, and don't want corner or curved front. I also want to stay with the Aquasky light system. Which has ruled out the Eheim Vivaline unless there is a way to bodge it - but the bracket will absolutely not fit between the lip and rim of the tank, we tried yesterday, it's about 2mm too big.

The Fusion would tick all the boxes and fit the light I want. Sticking point is the Congos.

Aaaarrrggghhh (muffled screeching into pillow).
Last edited by WinterRose73 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 17:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

PS @BigBen what shops in Bristol would you recommend, I'm sure the local people think I'm stalking them..... 🙄 Might be nice to annoy a new LFS for a change!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

WinterRose73 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 13:57 pm PS @BigBen what shops in Bristol would you recommend, I'm sure the local people think I'm stalking them..... 🙄 Might be nice to annoy a new LFS for a change!
The aquatic store in Bedminster is the best shop I've been to in the SW in my opinion (Probably been to most :D) Its small but incredibly friendly and the tanks are immaculate. They get some more unusual fish as well. There is also a new one opened in Long Ashton by a guy who used to work in the Aquatic Store. I've only been once but the guy who runs it is fantastic. Its called the Natural Habitat I think. There are also Maidenhead Aquatics at the Garden Centre in Burnham and Cadbury. The Cadbury one had some really nice sized Cory's last time I went. Big C.Weitzmani and Concolors. That's generally my fish day out route, there was a shop in Weston as well on the retail park just after Hornets rugby club but I don't know if its still going. Can't remember what it was called but always had a variety of what I like.

I tend to rate stores on catfish quality to be honest, but you will struggle to find a better shop than the aquatic store. I've seen on FB that they've had hour long queues to get in since lockdown some days - speaks volumes in my book. Really worth a visit, can't speak highly enough of the place.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

I run a Ciano Pro Emotions 120 and have just connected up a Aquasky 2.0 too it without problems - can either run over the top with no lid, or with the lid on i used the "ceiling mounts" and stuck it to the underside of the lid, if it falls off it just sits on the central brace (i had it sat on that for a few hours why i was in planning!)

I'll likely look to make a custom lid if im honest as atm its technically got 2 led's mounted but only one of them powered on - anything is possible :)

If you have your own light, filter etc have you thought about somehting like a custom tank from ND Aquatics
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 836 times

My Congos are around 4" and just a bit over (just measured one) I'd hate to think of them in a smaller tank than 4ft. My tank is 6ft 8" and they can easily zip up and down it in a split second. They look great when displaying and chasing each other around at speed. Just get an 8footer and call it done ;)
WinterRose73
Posting Legend

@Lee_k Definitely can't do a tank with no lid as got three cats. 😱

I had a look at ND aquatics and the standard sizes were a bit random. So the 48x24x18 was 295 ltrs, or there was a 36x24x24 that was 297. Or the 36x24x18 at 216, which is only a little bit larger than my current one.

But then it's back to losing the length on the tank and I'm just not convinced that I can go much more than 250ltrs really. Not sure I can afford the custom tank and cabinet route....

@Si4geckos Ha I wish. That would almost certainly make the house collapse 😂😂😂

I really like the look of the Fusion 130 but it's 325 ltrs and I just can't quite get over the anxiety over the stupid floor. But got lots of interesting ideas on the DIYNot forum, including from someone who builds my sort of property and reckons it's very likely that the floor is constructed from prestressed concrete slabs with rebar.... 🤔🤔🤔 If that's the case then I could probably get the 8 footer!!