Swim Bladder Treatment and Poo?

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
Weezfriend
Has liked: 2 times

So long story short I've got two very small goldfish. One is a fantail the white one and the other is a veil tail, orange an white one. They were sick when I got them from pets at home or should I say stock in shop and I've been trying to save them. The veil tail has got swim bladder problems and the fantail seemed like it was having a bit of a problem with that too. I'm about to give them their 3rd treatment and all of a sudden they both have started pooing... a lot! They where pooing more than they should during the treatment but its so much now. I'm using interpet swim bladder treatment and their first aid salt advanced as well. I did try peas before hand but that didn't seem to do anything. I've been feeding them very sparingly with bugbits as they are high in fiber and soaking them in tank water before hand so they sink. I have never given them floating food because of how much problems poor little Ziggy has been having and didn't want to add to that. They're getting better slowly, I just want to check this is normal for them to poo so much while under treatment as I have only fed them once in the past 7 days and that was 3 days before the photos where taken. Its just so much you would think I was feeding them every hour.

Also Bingo (fantail) when I gave them the first bladder treatment had white stuff come out of her gills, which I now know is a Fungal infections but I'v not seen it since. Would swim bladder and aquarium salts treat that or should I still get meds for it once I've finished the treatment I'm doing?

Sorry for the long all over the place post, I'm new to keeping goldfish properly and really want to do right by them. I love them very much and want to make sure I'm not doing the wrong thing. Thank you for reading and hope some one can cast some wisdom on this.

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Sorry you're having problems. (I could just say typical P@H)
How long have you got left to treat, and is it working?
I would try just feeding them normally and see what happens.
Goldies are dirty anyway, but that does look very light coloured which can mean problems internally. The salt and swim bladder med may be sorting that out as it could be that causing the buoyancy problems.
They look like very pretty goldies, hope you get them through this. :)
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

I don't know much about goldfish but wish you well and welcome to the forum :)
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Weezfriend
Has liked: 2 times

plankton wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 16:44 pm Welcome to the forum. :)
Sorry you're having problems. (I could just say typical P@H)
How long have you got left to treat, and is it working?
I would try just feeding them normally and see what happens.
Goldies are dirty anyway, but that does look very light coloured which can mean problems internally. The salt and swim bladder med may be sorting that out as it could be that causing the buoyancy problems.
They look like very pretty goldies, hope you get them through this. :)
Hi Plankton, thank you for your reply. I've just given them their last dosage but they will need another course. It is working just slowly, Ziggy that was suffering the worst now isn't sleeping at the top of the tank and trys to join Bingo near the bottom but is still floating off a bit. When Ziggs stops swimming he still go's nose down like a whale sleeping. The bugbits when socked are the colour of their poo in the photo and when I was giving them fun tips, poo was coming out orange and blackish like the food. I knew about p@h but just couldn't help myself when I saw them. The tank they where in is now "closed for cleaning" and all the other fancy tails they where with have diapered :( the tank also said they are oranda, which I knew they weren't. I do think/hope they will pull through, I've had them for a month now so think they are little fighter. Thank you, I think they are beautiful, its nice to hear it from a fishy person and know its not just mothers love haha

Great name by the way xx
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Did they eat the peas? I usually blanch them (or use some that have been cooked for dinner), squish them out of the "shell" and crush into the tank so they aren't too big.
I know goldies will go for anything, but the crushed pea will be digested quicker and easier.
Apparently the other thing you can try is live daphnia, presumably because they feed on algae and that also helps digestion.