I'm stuck again!?

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
Gill
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 13 times

I can certainly feel for you over this. Currently cycling the tank...then the decisions will begin.
I keep changing my mind too. We have two Maidenhead Aquatics near us, so I’m unashamedly picking the brains of all their staff. Not that it’s all plain sailing as you sometimes get conflicting advice and people’s personal preferences. Never mind the choices available ??
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

[quote="MrC1989" pid='21207' dateline='1552143137']
[quote="Suse" pid='21206' dateline='1552142614']
I've had both, separately. Tigers were fine in a species only tank. Cherries are peaceful and suitable for a community tank.

If you want tigers, get them but keep it species only. Don't add cherries. Togers are striking and interesting enough with just them.
[/quote]Did you have bottom dwellers in with the Tigers like a type of Ram for example?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
[/quote]

No, just the tigers. I've vaguely heard that a semi-aggressive species that can stand up for itself e.g. a single red-tailed shark would be best if you want bottom dwellers in a tiger tank... But it's not my area. This was before there was so much information on the internet about fishkeeping.
240 litre Fluval Roma - South American theme
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Loaches would be ok with tigers, half a dozen or so zebra loaches would be good.
You could get some normal, some green and some albino tigers......that would be a mix...... ;) :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
MrC1989

[quote="plankton" pid='21257' dateline='1552209334']
Loaches would be ok with tigers, half a dozen or so zebra loaches would be good.
You could get some normal, some green and some albino tigers......that would be a mix...... ;) :)
[/quote]I did think about this with the mix of Tigers but I dont think its something I'd choose till I've seen all three in person.

I was thinking some Rams and it doesnt leave me much wiggle room before being over stocked as I dont really want to make my group of Tigers any smaller. Plus I was thinking some Nerite Snails which rules out Loaches, the only thing I'm certain on though is Tiger Barbs.

I might be able to get a bigger tank but I won't know till after the summer so I can see how much and where the sun hits through the big window.

I really had my heart set on a 5ft or 6ft tank so fingers crossed. There is just to much selection either way for one tank, luckily I'm doing a built in wardrobe for the Missis so I can leave a spot for a tank there. She doesnt know this yet though lol.

MrC1989

[quote="plankton" pid='21257' dateline='1552209334']
[/quote]Damn you Plankton, I just seen a video with a mix of Tigers and now I've got to change my stocking list. Just when you think you've cracked it someone give you another decision to make lol.

MrC1989

This is where I'm at now, probably going to remove the SAE though.Image

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Yes, the tank isn't big enough for SAEs, they can get to around 7". ;)
You'll need more like 8-10 khulis, as they are very gregarious.

Ian
MrC1989

[quote="plankton" pid='21323' dateline='1552290130']
Yes, the tank isn't big enough for SAEs, they can get to around 7". ;)
You'll need more like 8-10 khulis, as they are very gregarious.
[/quote]I use that AqAdvisor site and have it input the sizes of fish as adults but it's all estimate anyway. No doubt the stocking will change a number off times as i have already changed it since that one I posted, it's just the tigers that are staying.

Too many options and why couldn't you just say sociable lol. I had to Google gregarious but I guess I've learnt something new today so thank you.

I've added some small Apisto's now. Are the SAEs to big the current stocking you mean?

If I remove the SAE I will up the Barbs no doubt.Image

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

No, the SAEs are too big for the tank, they need an absolute minimum of 4', better bigger than that.
How soft is your water?

Ian
MrC1989

[quote="plankton" pid='21340' dateline='1552305790']
No, the SAEs are too big for the tank, they need an absolute minimum of 4', better bigger than that.
How soft is your water?
[/quote]I will take them off then and add one more of each Tiger Barb.

Clark is 14.71
Ph is 7.36