Clown killi

John Arnold
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 22 times

Hello

Had 3 males 3 female killis, after 3 weeks one male disappeared, now one male is larger than all the others and bullies them all, they are all in hiding now, what should i do this killi , cant have him arrested, what donyou all do when this happens tske him back to lfs and swap fir another?
stuaz
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Male Killifish tend to fight each other so if your going to keep two males you will need 3-5 females IMO though I would just keep one male and some females, less hassle.
John Arnold

stuaz wrote: Male Killifish tend to fight each other so if your going to keep two males you will need 3-5 females IMO though I would just keep one male and some females, less hassle.
Hi

The thing is he bullies the 3 females also and they are in hiding too its like a bit if a psycho
stuaz
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

EJohn Arnold wrote:
stuaz wrote: Male Killifish tend to fight each other so if your going to keep two males you will need 3-5 females IMO though I would just keep one male and some females, less hassle.
Hi

The thing is he bullies the 3 females also and they are in hiding too its like a bit if a psycho
You could take him to a fish store if the current environment isn't working for him.
John Arnold

Yeah thats what i was thinking ill ring em tomorrow

Cheers
Art
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 105 times

very peaceful
Art
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 105 times

Fascination Killi fishes

Most they are very colorful. But their way of live is very interesting. The extreme climatic requirements in their home areas and their adaptation to this is like a miracle.
Africa, west coast. The monsoons bring a lot of water from the Atlantic. It's raining in the mountain forests on the coast. There are major floods. The heat in the savannah dries it off again. The water holes are getting smaller. The fish jump out and look for bigger water.
Ultimately, they spawn and die. The eggs develop in the moist soil for weeks. When it rains again, the fish hatch.
Some kinds (in the wood) keep the water. They are not annuell. Spawning on water plants.