Look who's new round here...

Suelo

So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 
Image 2.jpeg
Image.jpeg
IMG_5594.JPG
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

Suelo wrote: So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 

She is a little cutie Suelo, how many sleepless nights have you had, I can remember getting our little Molly, we were ready for the crying for a few nights, but bless her she only cried for about 10 minutes the first night, then nothing after that, good as gold.  :)

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

Tank 80% stocked  :)
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Very cute :)
She seems happy, how have the cats been with her? Our two are generally pretty good with dogs (when we’ve dogsat ;) ), Bailey will hiss and Ari runs and hides, but they’re pretty good otherwise. Tales them a few days to get used to them :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

:heart:  Oh my what a doll  :heart:
Please pass on a chin tickle from me !
Bikini Bottom - 168l Bronze, Peppered & Albino Cory, Black Widows, Cherry & Green Tiger Barb, Amanos The Kremlin - 58l  Bronze Corys
QT - 15l
Bronze Cory Fry
Suelo

wingnut55 wrote:
Suelo wrote: So, my OH has wanted a dog since forever and so a few weeks ago we got a Boston Terrier puppy, whom we have named Delphi. Here are a couple of pics from shortly after we got her, and another from Boxing Day with one of my (giant) cats. 

She is a little cutie Suelo, how many sleepless nights have you had, I can remember getting our little Molly, we were ready for the crying for a few nights, but bless her she only cried for about 10 minutes the first night, then nothing after that, good as gold.  :)

Ian.
Thanks Ian. I have to confess that (apart from the worry about actually having a dog) that I have not had any sleepless nights as my OH has been with her at night (his dog after all, so only fair). However, she has been pretty good at nights even from day one, and is now sleeping through at night. 

Daytimes are a different matter however, as I think I have created a rod for my own back, as she only wants to nap when next to someone on the sofa...
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

Suelo wrote:
wingnut55 wrote:

Ian.
Thanks Ian. I have to confess that (apart from the worry about actually having a dog) that I have not had any sleepless nights as my OH has been with her at night (his dog after all, so only fair). However, she has been pretty good at nights even from day one, and is now sleeping through at night. 

Daytimes are a different matter however, as I think I have created a rod for my own back, as she only wants to nap when next to someone on the sofa...
You are not alone there, Molly is a lapdog, and sits between my Wife and I on the settee, and she also sleeps on our bed, big mistake.  ROFL  

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

Tank 80% stocked  :)
Suelo

Gingerlove05 wrote: Very cute :)
She seems happy, how have the cats been with her? Our two are generally pretty good with dogs (when we’ve dogsat ;) ), Bailey will hiss and Ari runs and hides, but they’re pretty good otherwise. Tales them a few days to get used to them :)
Thanks Iain. The cats have been better than I expected so far - I have to say that I was really worried about how they would react. They are coming up 7 and have had no experience with dogs before. However, we tried to take things very slowly, and have tried to keep Delphi from interrupting their routines too much. There was much eye boggling from them both at the start, but they weren't territorial like I thought they might be.

Scooby - the grey cat in my avatar - is a sleep all day, out all night kind of cat. Although he is very territorial towards other cats and can be a bit of a bully towards his sister he is a right scaredy cat when it comes to people. He has no interest in interacting with puppy, but she has spooked him a couple of times when she has run towards him, making him run & then she just goes into chase mode.

Lotsie - the black cat - is a very social cat in that she loves all people, although she isn't one to sit on your lap. She is the most unintelligent cat I have ever owned - she still doesn't even know her name. She is so unafraid of Delphi now that it a) makes me a bit worried for her, and b) she can be a right pain winding Delphi up. Still, I am further along with training Delphi than I might otherwise have been, and she is hopefully learning impulse control. I can at least get her to stop what she is doing & 'sit', which I think shows a fair bit of self control for a little puppy who is getting a big fluffy tail twitched right in front of her. There is no way I would leave them together unsupervised though, even if I just pop out of the room.

I have to say that I was not expecting quite the level of puppy biting - I have come across the term 'land shark' and that is definitely what we have as soon as Delphi gets tired!
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

Gorgeous! My friend has a Boston terrier - beautiful dogs.

Are cats supposed to know their names?!! In that case I have a really dim one too...
Last edited by Suse on Sat Jan 05, 2019 22:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
240 litre Fluval Roma - South American theme
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5056 times
Been liked: 3424 times

Very cute. :)
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Very cute, indeed but yes, puppies do like a good nibble with their needle sharp teeth.

I bet Delphi looks quite different by now, 7 months later? (hint hint for update pics  :D )