Ich?

jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

plankton wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:19 am I assume that was a rhetorical question...... ? ;) :)
Yes!

Now trying to get myxazin... But looks like a bit of a wait or pay through the nose for it.
Any other recommendations or does it just need to be any anti-bacterial treatment?
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Any finrot med should do the trick.
You may want Melafix to aid recovery and regrowth, but pristine water should also do that.
Water change before treatment, and again afterwards. Maybe even small extra changes for a few weeks after treatment.
jammedfool

plankton wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:28 am Any finrot med should do the trick.
You may want Melafix to aid recovery and regrowth, but pristine water should also do that.
Water change before treatment, and again afterwards. Maybe even small extra changes for a few weeks after treatment.
Do you mean pristine works as a treatment or does a similar job to melafix? Melafix is listed as a treatment for bacterial infection and fin rot, but you sort of indicated it isnt really the right thing to use?

If any fin rot treatment will do, I'll go get something from a store today... I do need to be careful of my snails and amano shrimp though

Sorry for the extra questions!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Melafix and Pimafix are ‘alternative remedies’. Not to disparage alternate remedies but they’re quite weak (these two) and don’t have the ‘bite’ that proper treatments have.

I would use either a Waterlife or an Esha treatment. They are tried and tested, and work very well. Own brand versions are usually not as effective.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Also "pristine" is not a product, it's just keeping the water as pure as possible. ;)
As @black ghost says, the Melafix and Pimafix are medicated, but aren't as strong as other meds on the market.
Melafix is great for lowering stress, preventing secondary infections and helping regrowth of damaged scales and finnage though.
jammedfool

Well that makes more sense... I was reading seachem pristine water info and thinking 'hows that going to be better than meds?'
Last tested on Friday at 0/0 and also 0 nitrate
Plants are doing their job!

Anyway, I got some interpret fungus and fin rot, the barb seemed to have less fluffiness to the tail today anyway so hopefully on the mend naturally but the internet hopefully will help and stop any spread

Maybe next weekend I'll have some new stock
:swim:
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank