Updates Complete - Issues to be fixed!!!

News & Announcements will be posted here.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

I’ve got New Posts and Unread Posts on my phone.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

black ghost wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 20:26 pm I’ve got New Posts and Unread Posts on my phone.
Guess it depends on the res of the phone and the size of the screen.
lunar jetman
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 122 times

fr499y wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 am
lunar jetman wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 am I’m also running the old layout as it works better on my iPad, I’m also missing the fact that you could browse the latest posts at the top of the forum for more than one page. I don’t know how that change is affecting people responding to posts but if you’re not quick enough you now miss posts unless you’re prepared to browse though the topic sections.

Also, Top and Newest posters is interesting but I’d rather have that below latest posts not next to it as it just squeezes everything up.
Yes, it would be nice to do away with that bit, but sadly its part of the plugin I'm forced to use :(

I can bump the numbers up from 10 to 15 if thats helpful?
Shame you can’t change it. 15 would be better. ::thumbu::

Edit: checked the main page to see already done :)
311l 48x18x22

Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 836 times

Not sure what's meant to have happened with the updates. Came on a few days ago any everything was white and looked fancy. Now everything looks like it used to except only about 8-10 things show up on the latest updates threads page. Can't go onto the next most recent pages. And doesn't really work at all on my phone. All the writing overlaps, etc. Should it look different? Or that same as the old one?
black ghost
Posting Legend

iPhone 11...

black ghost
Posting Legend

I’m loving these updates fr449y, well done mate. More colourful, and it always opens(?) at Unread Posts, which is where I want to start. It didn’t before.

:)
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Si4geckos wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 20:46 pm Not sure what's meant to have happened with the updates. Came on a few days ago any everything was white and looked fancy. Now everything looks like it used to except only about 8-10 things show up on the latest updates threads page. Can't go onto the next most recent pages. And doesn't really work at all on my phone. All the writing overlaps, etc. Should it look different? Or that same as the old one?
You can change the theme in your userCP. There’s a new one called Milk v2 which looks and behaves a little bit different. I reset all to the old theme but allowed the option for the other incase people want a more ‘fancy’ looking one.
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

@fr499y the new theme is really nice although it seems to have been a real pain for you! Can a user set the forum to open on a particular page?

I'm using the new theme, but on both the old and new theme now, if I click 'board index' I just get a list of the forum sections. The bit that used to be there with the most recent topics etc has vanished. If I want to see any new posts/topics I have to then find and select 'new posts'.

Just curious if it is possible to set it up to open on 'new posts'.
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
black ghost
Posting Legend

WinterRose73 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:45 am @fr499y the new theme is really nice although it seems to have been a real pain for you! Can a user set the forum to open on a particular page?

I'm using the new theme, but on both the old and new theme now, if I click 'board index' I just get a list of the forum sections. The bit that used to be there with the most recent topics etc has vanished. If I want to see any new posts/topics I have to then find and select 'new posts'.

Just curious if it is possible to set it up to open on 'new posts'.
Have you tried saving the New Posts page as your bookmark? Sometimes works, ime. (Sorry if that’s a stupid question :) )
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Pretty much going to be my suggestion. There’s no way to set the first page unless a portal is used, then you can set certain things as the content on that page.