LFS near the Tyne.

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LFS near the Tyne.

Post by Stephen »

SPACKlick wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 17:16 pm I did a bit of a tour of LFSs in driving range of the house today.
I done a similar tour (within 100 miles of my home) and visited quite a few LFS but not all in one day though.
I think I visited 5 LFS in one day, Swindon (2), Oxford (1), Lechlade (1) and Cirencester (1) and a few others on other days Gloucester (2), Stratford-upon-Avon (2), Worcester (2), Kidderminster (1), Shrewsbury (1), Nantwich (2), Hereford (5) and a few over the border in Wales. I also have visited a few up in the Chester/Wirral/Wrexham area.
I enjoy looking around other LFS and seeing what's available (fish) and at what price.
My local Maidenhead Aquatics (Hereford) used to be good but the franchise is now under new ownership and it's gone downhill very quickly, the senior staff members have all left.

I enjoyed reading your reviews. ::thumbu::

All the best
6 foot (550L) - Rio Ucayali themed
4 x Biotodoma Cupido, 55 x Paracheirodon innesi, 23 x Thayeria boehlkei, 30 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred

2 foot (120L) - Breeding tank (temporary stocked)
15 x Paracheirodon innesi, 9 x Three-lined Cory (Corydoras trilineatus)

BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Got to love a fish road trip! I'm doing a small one tomorrow. I was hoping my latest tank cycle would be complete but its nowhere near :(
Discus, Corydoras, Loracaridinae, Dwarf Cichlids.

mattindevon

Post by mattindevon »

Was hoping to do a tour this summer but I find the C19 regulations kill my enthusiasm for shops generally. Shame really. Hopefully next year there should be some semblance of normality and I can hit the road.
AquaEl 60x30x30: 3 x Rosy Tetra, 2 x Hillstream Loach, 2 x Albino Cory, 2 x Bronze Cory, 2 x Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlid

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

Andys temperate tank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:44 pm What time were you there today. I may have been in when you were.
Was there from about 10:45 to 11:15. Were you buy chance the gentleman who commented that someone had been doing some shopping as I was leaving?
350L:
Nada

Jon_D

Post by Jon_D »

I found that the Durham shop was far too expensive! Also it doesn't even stock SeaChem products!
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some great ideas!

Andys temperate tank
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Post by Andys temperate tank »

SPACKlick wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 20:12 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:44 pm What time were you there today. I may have been in when you were.
Was there from about 10:45 to 11:15. Were you buy chance the gentleman who commented that someone had been doing some shopping as I was leaving?
I think I said that to Nicole when James was stacking bio masters and stuff up. My head shaved short and I have black glasses on.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 6 sterbai cory.
5ft 425L: 46 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, breeding pair of platinum angelfish.
55L cube 1: 1 blue ram
55l cube 2: 14 corydoras duplicarius 2 rummie nose tetra I haven't managed to catch.