VERY CLOUDY WATER

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Lthrbecks wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:46 am Thats a superb piece of advice. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. Much appreciated
You are very welcome :)
Lthrbecks wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:00 pm I'd like to end with a funny story...
My pleco disappeared a few months ago as did my Kulhi Loaches. I assumed they'd gone to fish Heaven! I was wrong. I was cleaning out the inner workings of my filter and there was the pleco, hiding for three months without food or cucumber! The kulhi loaches just appeared after the recent major water change. Ive no idea were they've been hiding. I know they're nocturnal but i hadn't seen them in months either! Sadly the pleco doesn't do the cleaning job that i bought him for. He rarely makes an appearance and when he does pop up, he's not stuck to the glass. Pity, as he was quite expensive 😂
I hope this is not the end but the beginning of your participation on the forum and the beginning of your fish keeping adventure ;)
We're a friendly and hopefully helpful bunch.

Some fish can hide or only come out at night when the lights are off.
Kuhli loaches (Pangio semicincta) are lovely fish but tend to bury themselves in the substrate and you will only see the tips of their heads poking out or they may even completely bury themselves.
Different fish have different behaviours and/or show different personalities.
I had two amano shrimp a year or so ago, I would occasionally see them but not often, then they disappeared and like yourself I thought they had passed on.
During some aquarium maintenance I removed some bogwood and placed the bogwood in a plastic bowl. It wasn't until I lifted the bogwood to put back in to the aquarium that I saw the two amano shrimp, they had been hiding under the bogwood and when I lifted the bogwood from the bowl there they were in the bottom of the bowl, still alive.

When you get it right it quickly becomes a very enjoyable pastime and sitting and watching the fish in the aquarium is very therapeutic too.

All the best

Stay safe & healthy everyone
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)