Can you name this fish?

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
Mito
Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 190 times

I ordered over internet some threadfin rainbow fish and these arrived yesterday. I think they are Gertrudae.

This is the threadfin I have, sadly the last and the reason for ordering more.
This is what I received.
Appologies for lousy photos taken with my phone but they wouldn't stay still! :swim:
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

The look like gertrudae to me. Thats a bit of a mix up... :s
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

I agree.
If your water is hard, then they should do better than the threadfins. ;) (I can't remember whether you mix yours with RO or not...??)
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

@Mito did you order them from a Spanish supplier and what did they arrive in ? Never ordered live online, so would be interested to know how you went on, TIA.
Mito
Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 190 times

Thanks, it's what I thought. I'll get on to the shop tomorrow. They have them both and the Gertrudae are 1.50€ cheaper so a double complaint. I shall keep them but they were to be a future purchase.
@Annie They were bought from a shop in Alicante, Interacuario. They're on line .com. They arrived within 24 hours well packed in a polystyrene box with another inside. Out of interest the water they arrived in was hard, very hard, 540ppm.
I've just bought a RO thingy which I'll install this week. My wife, amongst other problems has slight hardening of the arteries around the heart so I told her it would be better to drink soft water so we had better buy a RO filter. :)
Our water during the summer was around 450ppm, with the autumn rains that has dropped to around 230ppm. I want the water at around 180/200ppm.
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Oh thanks will check those out.
Good luck with the RO filter, hope it helps things improve for your wife.