Canon pro photographic gear

Other items for sale, non fishy related.
Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has Liked: 69 times
Been liked: 334 times

Canon pro photographic gear

Post by Stephen »

Due to my disability and not getting out like I would wish, I am selling all my lovely Canon camera gear.
All this gear has been bought in recent months and is unused and boxed (except the 100-400mm lens which I have used 5 times).
If interested then please let me know and I'll get the item posted asap (fully insured).

Here is my list:-

Canon 5D mkIV + 24-70mm F/4 L IS lens + Extras
I have taken the cameras out of the box and taken 69 sample images from indoors to give it a try (used the 100-400mm lens).
The Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS lens has never been used. The camera & lens was bought as a kit.

The extras:
2 x genuine Canon LP-E6N batteries (in additional to the battery that comes with the camera, so you will have 3 x batteries in total)
2 x Lexar Pro 2000x 64GB SDXC Cards
2 x Lexar Pro 1066x 32GB CompactFlash Cards.
1 x Hoya Pro1 filter.

All these extras cost a little over £300.
£2150.00 for all the above delivered; (5DmkIV camera, 24-70mm f.4L IS lens & all the extras).
I will send by Royal Mail special delivery and fully insured.

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens, boxed.
I bought this lens in Jan 2018 from WEX , I have only used it 4 or 5 times since new. It is in mint condition and boxed.
£1300.00 delivered

Canon EF 16-35 f/4L IS lens (unused), boxed.
I bought this lens Dec/Jan time,
I have not used it.
£600.00 delivered

Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS macro lens (unused), boxed.
I bought this macro lens last July but sadly I have not used it.
£615.00 delivered

Canon extender 1.4x III (boxed & unused)
I bought this in Dec/Jan time.
It is unused and boxed.
£320.00 delivered.

I also have a carbon tripod, ball head, carbon gimbal head, several camera bags and other bits.
Everything listed is unused and boxed (except the 100-400mm lens) even the tripod, ball head & gimbal head is unused.

This may be of interest to the photographers on the forum.
Thank you for looking
Stephen
600L - Rio Guaporé themed
7 x Biotodoma Cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 14 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 25 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras sterbai, 9 x Corydoras caudimaculatus

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester
Has Liked: 1330 times
Been liked: 1428 times

Re: Canon pro photographic gear

Post by Martinspuddle »

Have you tried getting a quote from mpb.com?

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/
That’s the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel :cry:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2:

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

Martinspuddle wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:32 am
Have you tried getting a quote from mpb.com?

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/
Thank you for the reply.

MPB will only offer a low price, probably about 50-75% of what I'm asking (they need to make a profit).
I am asking for a reasonably good price on items that are unused, the rrp is much higher.

Example:
Canon EF 16-35 f/4L IS lens (unused), boxed
My price £600.00, rrp £949.00
7 x Biotodoma Cupido, 4 x Laetacara dorsigera, 2 x Apistogramma trifasciata (wild), 20 x Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, 14 x Hyphessobrycon eques, 25 x Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, 18 x Corydoras sterbai, 9 x Corydoras caudimaculatus

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester
Forum Jester
Has Liked: 1330 times
Been liked: 1428 times

Post by Martinspuddle »

OK, just a thought. I used them to sale my Nikon gear couple of years ago but there again the body and lenses where 6-7 years old.
That’s the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel :cry:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2:

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

Update:

I have sold the camera gear except for the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens.

I have been thinking about the new Canon Eos R5 which will be launched later in the year.
It sounds like a wonderful camera, mirror-less, 45MP, 8K/4K video, built-in 5-Axis image stabiliser, new processor and more.

I think I am a victim of fraud
Yes me, the person who would never be caught out.

I'll tell you why...
Someone was selling an unused Canon 5D mkIV camera with a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L lens.
They were asking for something around £1000 which is a very low price as it is easily worth twice that (I sold my unused Canon 5D mkIV camera and 24-70mm f/4L lens for just over £2000)
I was tempted so tried to contact them (via ebay) but had no reply.
I then spotted that they had advertised a telephone number, so I text them and had a reply.
I asked if they would accept £950.00 if I made immediate payment, they agreed as long as I made a bank transfer or paid cash on collection.
As the camera & lens was approx 140 miles away (London area) and we have a lockdown on travel then collecting would be impossible.
I telephoned the seller.
He sounded a nice person and stated that the company he works for had purchased some items but had not used them so they were for sale.
He said I could pay cash on collection or bank transfer whichever is easiest. I told him I lived about 140 miles away and collection would be impossible with the current lockdown.
He asked for my address which I sent via an email.
He also said that he would send an invoice as the item is owned by the company together with bank details.
He also explained that he would also charge £12 delivery as it would be sent via Royal Mail special delivery.
I attempted to make payment via Paypal (Xoom) but was having issues. (thinking this would be safer)
I phoned him and said that I was having issues with Xoom making a bank transfer. He replied that Xoom payments did not work as the company's account was a corporate account and that payments using Xoom usually take several days anyway.
He also stated that he had packed the parcel ready for posting and was intending to go to the post office within the next 20 minutes. (about 30 minutes had past since agreeing)
So I made a bank transfer payment through my bank account (which dug in to my overdraft).
The payment was made on Thursday (30/05/2020).
Nothing arrived Friday (Royal Mail advise that it may take an extra day due to the current pandemic), Saturday nothing (but wasn't expecting a Saturday delivery).
If nothing arrives tomorrow (Monday) by 1.00pm (I'll wait until 2.00pm) then I'll phone the police.
I have his phone number, email address and bank account details so the police should be able to trace him.
I also have images that I saved of the advert and an invoice (which may be fake) plus text messages.

I hope I am not a victim of fraud and that I have bought a bargain but the more I think of it then I think I am a victim. Tomorrow will tell.

Stephen

Stay safe & healthy everyone

FishkeeperLinz1012
Been liked: 34 times

Post by FishkeeperLinz1012 »

If he's sent it SD by Royal Mail, it should have a tracking number. Did you go through eBay? If so, tracking number might be under Order Details, and you can usually find out where it is in its journey. I'm not sure if that would still be the case if you haven't paid for it through eBay though.

Have you tried checking to see if the item is still for sale? Unless he had more than 1 advertised, then of it's still for sale, it might indicate a scam.

If it is a scam, then contact eBay and your bank, too.

You've probably thought about all of this anyway, but I thought it worth mentioning for the sale of others in the same situation.

Stevieglasgow
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has Liked: 253 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Stevieglasgow »

I hope not Stephen, these scams are very sophisticated these days,reading your post it's got all the hall marks of 2 good to be true your post when you mention immediant payment and will accept £950 alarm bells would start ringing and the fact that you say it's worth so much more, I really hope it's not and you get it thou.
Stevie

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

FishkeeperLinz1012 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 13:50 pm
If he's sent it SD by Royal Mail, it should have a tracking number. Did you go through eBay? If so, tracking number might be under Order Details, and you can usually find out where it is in its journey. I'm not sure if that would still be the case if you haven't paid for it through eBay though.

Have you tried checking to see if the item is still for sale? Unless he had more than 1 advertised, then of it's still for sale, it might indicate a scam.

If it is a scam, then contact eBay and your bank, too.

You've probably thought about all of this anyway, but I thought it worth mentioning for the sale of others in the same situation.
Thanks Linz

It was not sold via ebay but listed there.
It was taken off then re-listed, then taken off again then re-listed again. There were bids including my own.
There were also some other items such as iPads etc.. which were taken off. There are no items currently listed under the sellers name.
He may of sold them off ebay (not using ebay correctly) by advertising his phone number (to avoid ebay/paypal fees).
I have his ebay account name and item numbers of all the items he had listed.
eBay should have a name and address of the seller which would help the police if it is fraud.
Only tomorrow will tell.

Stephen
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Stephen »

Stevieglasgow wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 13:55 pm
I hope not Stephen, these scams are very sophisticated these days,reading your post it's got all the hall marks of 2 good to be true your post when you mention immediant payment and will accept £950 alarm bells would start ringing and the fact that you say it's worth so much more, I really hope it's not and you get it thou.
Stevie
Thanks Stevie

I keep telling people "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is". Then I do it myself.
Only tomorrow will tell.

Stevieglasgow
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has Liked: 253 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by Stevieglasgow »

Stephen wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 14:06 pm
Stevieglasgow wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 13:55 pm
Stevie
Thanks Stevie

I keep telling people "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is". Then I do it myself.
Only tomorrow will tell.

It's so easily donethou Stephen your photograghy is soming that your passionate about so seeing equipment that you've been wanting, your almost blinded by the scam(if it is)