Post Office inquisition!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner

Re: Post Office inquisition!

Post by Martinspuddle »

Jon_D wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 15:30 pm @Gingerlove05 why did you let @Martinspuddle get out of your boot! He's been running riot ever since!
I was warm, very comfortable, until that pesky Welshmen decided he needed the extra boot space and dumped me ....shocking, he should had up for fly tipping! :dodgy2:
Boris has cancelled Christmas, great news, if your a Turkey.:dodgy2:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2:

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Gingerlove05 »

Sorry @Jon_D, he got out and shot off into the hills and mines, thought he was done for after that ROFL :D
Says a lot for my driving if he was comfortable though :D
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!

Martinspuddle

Post by Martinspuddle »

Gingerlove05 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 16:06 pm Says a lot for my driving if he was comfortable though :D
.....no surprise really, he drives like a OAP. :]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon_D

Post by Jon_D »

I say, I say! @Martinspuddle , steady on about OAPs. 😅. However, come to think of it, my son complains that I drive too slowly, (i.e. within speed limits) .. But I think that was quite unwise, letting @Martinspuddle loose among all those pretty sheep.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some great ideas!

Martinspuddle

Post by Martinspuddle »

Jon_D wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 16:53 pm But I think that was quite unwise, letting @Martinspuddle loose among all those pretty sheep.
I'm having a rest, one too many you know. :grin:

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Post by Gingerlove05 »

Hes not a threat to my sheep :D
I’ve never had complaints about driving too slow, I just dont drive like an idiot, theres no need. The number of times I’ve found someone has taken off and driven like a loon, I generally catch up with them about 5mins later (if that!).
Seen something about it years ago eg calm driving as opposed to switching lanes and trying to get ahead. Turns out you might save yourself 45seconds maybe a minute over 10miles, not worth it in my opinion :D
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!

Triumph-Rat

Post by Triumph-Rat »

Gingerlove05 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 18:24 pm Hes not a threat to my sheep :D
I’ve never had complaints about driving too slow, I just dont drive like an idiot, theres no need. The number of times I’ve found someone has taken off and driven like a loon, I generally catch up with them about 5mins later (if that!).
Seen something about it years ago eg calm driving as opposed to switching lanes and trying to get ahead. Turns out you might save yourself 45seconds maybe a minute over 10miles, not worth it in my opinion :D
Drive like you need to not drive like you stole it!!

Spent a lot of time working for other people against the clock and trying to beat the sat-nav.

Ended up in two speeding tickets (only road offence I have ever had and it came out of my pocket!!).

Since I have worked for myself I just tell everyone I will arrive between X and X hour depending on where the job is and as long as it doesn't disrupt PopMaster :cool:
Everything I say and do are the result of multiple personalities. If it is offensive then it wasn't me!!

Martinspuddle

Post by Martinspuddle »

Triumph-Rat wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 18:32 pm Drive like you need to not drive like you stole it!!
M25 on a Friday night ....oh that explains it, their car thieves. :grin:

VikingMummy2015
Posting Legend

Post by VikingMummy2015 »

Ha ha @Suse The cories are grateful!

I send a lot of parcels every few months; clothes my son has outgrown or taken a dislike to. Because he can only wear organic cotton, and we love our funky Scandi brands, they hold their value and there’s a thriving second hand market. Also cloth nappies and wooden toys.
I posted a toy back at the start of the year; a sort of wooden Mecanno set. The PO lady asked what it was, I said “a toy”. And I was genuinely confused when she asked if it had batteries because basically none of our toys do. It would never have occurred to me I might not be able to send a toy with batteries through the post, or that it might have to be treated differently as a result! How did we survive the 80s?! Every Christmas and birthday, presents through the post.
It’s also daft because anyone sending something illicit isn’t going to say so because Doris begins the counter asked them.
240L: 6 cherry barbs, 2 honey gourami,
6 Otocinclus, 11 sterbai Cory, 6 standard rummynose, 4 golden rummynose tetra. But don’t quote me on that given how things are going!

57L: Ghost (Betta) & Pumpkin (nerite)

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.6 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.

mikeyw64
Posting Legend

Post by mikeyw64 »

It's called "plausible deniability"

You're right "anyone sending something illicit isn’t going to say so because Doris begins the counter asked them." however because Doris has followed process and asked the correct questions then she is no longer liable :)

80L :: The Fireplace Community::
Platy :: Neon Tetra :: Ember Tetra :: Panda Cory :: Ottocinclus
300L :: The Sunnyside 300 :: Archie :: Dwarf Cichlids :: Bleeding Heart Tetra :: Rummy Nose Tetra :: Cardinal Tetra :: Corys
24L :: Eddisons Castle in a Cube :: Barney & The Ottos
Excel Tank Logs