Panic buying... *WARNING - CURRENT NEWS RELATED TOPIC*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

plankton wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:25 am I usually enjoy the little 7 minute walk (and then back so it's about 15 mins altogether as a rule) that I can manage to give me the exercise for the day, but it's the standing outside for ages that does me.
Anyway, I was there and back within the hour, so not too bad at the moment.
I'm ok for 2 months now, so may sort out delivery for next time, if they can handle the volume......I've bookmarked the page anyway, thanks. ;)
My local chemist delivers my prescription weekly and my OH's monthly. Have you enquired with your chemist about receiving deliveries @plankton ?
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

This appaliing panic buying commenced when the media started to publicise it! At that , everyone and his dog, thought, "WOW! Better start getting food in if everyone else if grabbing it." Sometimes, things are better when not mentioned in the media.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Jon_D wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 15:37 pm This appaliing panic buying commenced when the media started to publicise it! At that , everyone and his dog, thought, "WOW! Better start getting food in if everyone else if grabbing it." Sometimes, things are better when not mentioned in the media.
I said the same thing Jon. I reckon they mentioned Toilet Roll just to see how much they could influence idiots into stock piling anything :rolleyes:
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

I still stand by my theory that this is an alien invasion and they need toilet paper to nest in!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Jon_D wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 15:37 pm This appaliing panic buying commenced when the media started to publicise it! At that , everyone and his dog, thought, "WOW! Better start getting food in if everyone else if grabbing it." Sometimes, things are better when not mentioned in the media.
Excuse me, cos of humans panic buying, I had to go without my dinner I will have you know!

WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 16:55 pm
Excuse me, cos of humans panic buying, I had to go without my dinner I will have you know!

Hey, doggie doggie, . I am truly sorry, I never meant to deprive you of your dinner. Here, take the toilet roll.
Last edited by Jon_D on Mon Mar 23, 2020 18:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

@Fishtales the chemists are very small and will only deliver to housebound people, but does that mean everybody now (possibly from tomorrow)?
piker
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 192 times

Just pure stupidity,I fix the trucks that deliver to the supermarkets and the warehouses are stocked as normal they just cant deliver it fast enough.
The media has played a big part in the panic.
KevB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 270 times

So, with the latest measures being implemented we might be having to buy some aquarium stuff online. I'm not even sure if pets at home will remain open for frozen foods.
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

aquarium food isn't so much of a problem (for me at least) as I have plenty of fish foods in.

That said as I think as I type, dog food I generally get from Aldi