The happy thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

mikeyw64 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 am I'm not a pheasant plucker
So your the pheasant plucker's son?! :grin:

Have you anything happy to report @mikeyw64?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:12 am Have you anything happy to report @mikeyw64?
nah not really, other than not going out socially and Gail WFH all is completely normal here in Sunnyside (original name for the house when it was built in the 1820's).
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's not a cloud to spoil the view, but it's.....
Oh no, that's not very happy is it...
:D

We got some food yesterday, well the wife did, so we won't starve for another week. :)
Today the great tits are "singing" (peeping like mad) in the wisteria, and I've just seen a wren which I haven't seen for about two years and assumed the cat had got them.
Phil R
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 32 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 23:11 pm Well on the happy side, our garden has spring into life a lot in the last week, and I've been particularly pleased to see a fuchsia that has pink and white blooms (sorry don't know its name) has doubled in size this year already looking forward to see it come out. :) I'll post pictures later.

...later :grin: Pictures! ...when this fuchsia comes into bloom I'll up load some pictures.

This shrub below blooms early February and this year it has had twice the amount of flowers than normal, looked magnificent, should of taken some images either.

Image Image

Anyone know the name of this 'triffid' please let me know. :]
Looks like a Camelia to me.They need acid soil so I have mine in a pot. It's the same colour as yours.
Phil.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

The Acers are finally starting to bud in our garden. Well the red ones at least! We have a 'sunset' orange one but seems to be looking a bit on the dead side.
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

:s The Acers are finally starting to bud in our garden.

Absolutely love Acers. Unfortunately up here in the hills, the soil is not only too spares but too acidy. The garden is full of Beech and Douglas fir etc. :s
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

I wish I was good with plants. I provide more of a hospice service... 😂 😂 😂

Got a japonica though that's flowering.

Beautiful weather here again today ❤️
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

My favourite tree in the garden in all its spring time glory

Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Phil R wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 am Looks like a Camelia to me.They need acid soil so I have mine in a pot. It's the same colour as yours.
Phil.
That's kind of interesting @Phil R it's more than likely in the normal soil which is very chalky, alkaline heavy loam. I'll have to look into that, thank you. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

Wow so many responses :D

@Ric That's an amazing tree. is it an Acer?
Don't give up on Acers @Jon_D I have one in a pot had it years it's a red one looks great in the spring but it does not like the wicked easterly winds we get here I have it in my most sheltered spot but it still looks tatty by the time we get to Autumn, still nice to have it, copes well with my infrequent watering/ feeding,

@Martinspuddle that's an impressive shrub, looks like a rose on steroids, my shrubs only get small flowers, been out in the garden today things are just starting to get going which is great to see,

@WinterRose73 your pictures are lovely, what is the blue flower, a poppy maybe??

@Fishtales you are lucky if your partner shares your fishy hobby (obsession!) my BF is kind of bemused by it all but tolerates it with good humour I suppose, I try not to ramble on about fish to him though! :grin:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish