Covid-19 vaccine

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Andys temperate tank
Multi TOTM Winner
Multi TOTM Winner

Re: Covid-19 vaccine

Post by Andys temperate tank »

Redpanda wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 13:47 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 13:42 pm
Redpanda wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 pm If that thread is correct would that mean anyone who's had covid doesn't need the vaccine?
That’s the thing. I don’t know, i would have thought immunity doesn’t last that long, some say as short as three months. I’m guessing this vaccine will become an annual thing a bit like a flu one. It will always be around just mass vaccination will keep outbreaks under a bit more control to avoid pressure on Nhs I’m guessing.
How come people are saying immunity doesn't last long with this virus. I've been immune to chicken pox for about 30 year now.
I’m not a scientist or anything so don’t quote me on that, but purely based on press and fact that people getting reinfected second time etc. Also read somewhere that antibodies remain in your body for unknown periods of time, could be couple of months and could be much longer . I suppose still very little known, especially for general public .
This is the problem. The Politicians and the press providing the information.

Newspaper's have always been full of pap. Same goes for politicians. After sunday/mondays events I have no respect for anything that comes out of the PM's mouth.

Sunday hes telling us schools are safe and open. Monday they arent and were going to lockdown again. The lying prick didn't even have the decency to brush his hair before going on tv and ruining people again.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 6 sterbai cory.
5ft 425L: 48 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, breeding pair of platinum angelfish, 14 corydoras duplicareas, 1 blue ram.
55L cube 1: 1 blue ram
55l cube 2: platinum half moon betta (Thor).

mattindevon

Post by mattindevon »

Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 14:00 pmNewspaper's have always been full of pap. Same goes for politicians. After sunday/mondays events I have no respect for anything that comes out of the PM's mouth.
Bingo.
AquaEl 60x30x30: 3 x Rosy Tetra, 2 x Hillstream Loach, 2 x Albino Cory, 2 x Bronze Cory, 2 x Golden Eyed Dwarf Cichlid

mantis

Post by mantis »

Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 14:00 pm The lying prick didn't even have the decency to brush his hair before going on tv and ruining people again.
😂😂😂 Class.

He'd lose his 'loveable harmless bumbling Boris' facade if he brushed his hair to be fair.

VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Post by VikingMummy2015 »

From dredging my dodgy memory banks from my early uni days (late 90s).

Viruses mutate at different rates. The best/worst ones mutate so rapidly that within a short timeframe (months to years), the virus protein is too different for the body’s immune system to recognise it. That’s what is happening with COVID and what happens with flu and cold viruses in general. It means they survive as they can constantly infect new hosts and old hosts.
Chickenpox virus actually remains in your body in your nerves, but inactive (unless triggered by some reason to give rise to shingles).
Different viruses just find different ways to survive.
240L: 6 cherry barbs, 2 honey gourami,
6 Otocinclus, 11 sterbai Cory, 6 standard rummynose, 4 golden rummynose tetra, 8 Congo tetra (added from QT 17/12)

57L: Ghost (Betta) & Pumpkin (nerite snail)

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.

Stephen
Guru TOTM Winner
Guru TOTM Winner

Post by Stephen »

I personally can't wait for the vaccine. I come under category 6. So hopefully a birthday present in March. ;)
6 foot (550L) - Rio Ucayali themed
9 x juvenile Biotodoma Cupido, 54 x Paracheirodon innesi, 23 x Thayeria boehlkei, 29 x Gold Laser Cory (CW010), 2 x Flash pleco (L204) named George & Mildred

2 foot (120L) - Breeding tank (temporary stocked)
15 x Paracheirodon innesi, 9 x Three-lined Cory (Corydoras trilineatus)

FishyMcFishFace

Post by FishyMcFishFace »

Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 pm If that thread is correct would that mean anyone who's had covid doesn't need the vaccine?
I have a friend who had COVID very early doors, she worked in a public facing office and was asked if she wanted to take part in a trial and she accepted. Although after she had COVID antibodies were present in her system after 3 months none could be found, I think that's why this vaccine is only every going to be highly effective, ATM, is through regular booster jabs.
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
6 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Cherry Shrimp
3 Amano Shrimp
... More to come...

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by plankton »

It's like the flu jab - it's always one year behind what the current strain is. Hence the regular vaccinations.

Chadders

Post by Chadders »

I'd take the vaccine. I also think that all Amazon delivery drivers should be trained to administer the vaccine most of the population would be done in 48 hours quicker if you have prime :)

F3l1ss

Post by F3l1ss »

I believe I may be offered a vaccine early February as I work for the NHS. Normally I'd jump at the chance but as I'm breastfeeding still I need to do more reading on the one being offered.
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Celestichthys erythromicron, 1 fry (Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi)
Big tank - ~500L - 12 mixed rainbows (Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi, Melanotaenia trifasciata, Melanotaenia boesemani)

Redpanda

Post by Redpanda »

I feel a bit confused about them extending second shot to 12 weeks 🙈