And its good night from him

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Shame, always liked Phillip, he had character and the occasional foot the mouth moment
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

I always loved his no nonsense approach to life, that and some of his comments he made...

Replying to a reporter, about young Princess Anne and marriage "unless it eats hay and farts, she's not interested"

"When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife"

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Asked of a Scottish driving instructor in 1995.

"Do you still throw spears at each other?" Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, Australia 2002.

"Do people trip over you?" Meeting a wheelchair-bound nursing-home resident in 2002.

"Cats kill far more birds than men. Why don't you have a slogan: 'Kill a cat and save a bird?'" On being told of a project to protect turtle doves in Anguilla in 1965.

Some shocking I know, but he always made me laugh.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 18:21 pm
"Do you still throw spears at each other?" Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland, Australia 2002.
I actually heard the back story on that one the other day that put it into context.

Earlier that day/week he had visited a neighboring tribe and had been told they used to throw spears at each other, hence the question on this visit.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

mikeyw64 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 18:25 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 18:21 pm
I actually heard the back story on that one the other day that put it into context.

Earlier that day/week he had visited a neighboring tribe and had been told they used to throw spears at each other, hence the question on this visit.
That now makes sense of why he said it, but of course the media will always latch on to something sounding like a derogatory remark.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: