Bolivian ram mates

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Until she’s coloured up and fattened up and looks like she might fare better. A few weeks. Then try it. It’ll either be too soon or they’ll pair up and do the business, probably.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

He seems to be much brighter and had some good too, exploring the tank now.
The female is still not eating 😔 but hope in a couple of days she might feel more confident. She’s got all the colours back 😊 still a bit dark but fingers crossed .

Thanks For advice I feel a bit more relaxed myself here 😊
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

Any updates on the bolivians @Redpanda ? Reading this thread has got me nervous about getting my own.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

The female isn’t improving that much. She’s not eating and hiding a lot anyway. I’m not holding much hope for her. Removing him didn’t really change anything that much 🙈🙈
He’s healthy and eating but super sad in the small tank 🙈🙈
Really stressful and if she goes I doubt it I’ll try another female 🙈😔 not sure
Sixo
Posting Legend
Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 310 times

How did they get on @Redpanda ?

I got a young trio for my tank see how they get on as they mature (other one's a bit smaller & tends to stay out the road).

Last edited by Sixo on Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mantis

Sixo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 21:08 pm How did they get on @Redpanda ?

I got a young trio fpr my tank see how they get on as they mature (other one's a bit smaller & tends to stay out the road).

Wish the blue would show up on mine! they look lovely :)
Sixo
Posting Legend

So hard to get a picture of the 3 together! See how they get on as they mature, hopefully co-exist ok.

mantis

Awesome! I'm in love with mine, they have such personalities. Some days they're all swimming together, the next there's 3 and one sulking, the following day there can be two and the other two spread around the tank. It's like a soap opera in a tank :D There seems to be one that's claimed the wood though and lets the other three know all the time that he/she likes it and they can only visit when they're in the mood ROFL
Sixo
Posting Legend

They sure are slow growers! Seen some new arrivals in a store today that were twice the size of mine.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Thought to update this on my story. So original female had been declining for ages, in the end she passed and I returned male to the main tank. He is thriving by the way.

Since then, I couldn’t resist but bought another female ( or that I thought it was). Fish is much younger and wasn’t in fantastic condition. But have been feeding well and coloured up nicely. Male still attempts few chases, but new fish is much stronger so had couple of jaw locking incidents, she properly fights it back if he crosses the line.
By any means they are not a couple as yet , but it’s much more peaceful and occasionally they hang about together so I feel much better about it now 😊😊

One thing I hope that new fish is actually female 😂