Albino oscar ..

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Scott.turner28
Been liked: 14 times

Hi, i recently purchased an albino oscar, and it doesnt have much orange on it. Im wondering does more come or do the patterns stay the same kist get larger? Also, it had a mark on its side, like scraped scales, im assuming that will cover back up over time.. just wondering what you think.. heres the pic. Thanks
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

A lot of fish will heal providing they’re kept in good conditions and fed the correct diet :)
A lot of fish patterns develop and change as they get older so you might find as it gets older the orange might change :)
Scott.turner28

Thats great i thought so, was just wondering! Thanks alot
Scott.turner28

Hey can someone tell me the sex of this oscar if its possible i have not got a clue! Thanks muchly!

Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

Sorry cant help with sexing i'm afraid but just wanted to say thats a lovely fish! I've always admired Oscars just my tanks arent big enough!

Lee
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4375 times
Been liked: 2888 times

I love Oscar's. Yours is a toppa.

I like planted tanks too much to keep them though.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 7 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 2 SAE.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

They’re one of the few cichlids that are totally unsexable, without comparing their vents.
Scott.turner28

Thankyou! I have a few tanks with oscars, ill send some more pics of others. And aww shame about the sexing i tried a 12inch in with my 7 inch and they constant fighting so had to separate them. But the 7 inch in the pics is getting on with the other albino juvi oscar i have its very strange! I also have a question off subject i picked up this green terror other day and because of all the madness in the shop, ( my 7year old son dragging me everywhere) i failed to see the dorsal fin has almost totally gone. Will it grow back ive never seen tears so deep! Ill post pictures. Thanks for comments! I knw shame about the plants.. i have to use mainly plastic with exception if one or two live plants. Usually have to replace those once a month! P.s ignore the malawi ones in the tiger oscar pic. I had to put him somewhere away from other oscar so put him in milawi tank! I now have a new 300l just for the oscar which i quick set up, threw loads if good bacteria in, water conditioner, did a water change from one of my other tanks and put in old media filter, left a week and hes in there now! I no its rush but prefer to keep fish and buy new tank than give the fish away! I feel like it my fault i couldnt sex them. And the last pic is new tank! still looks fresh i no. should be fine though

black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

Very much doubt that fin will grow back. They generally don’t when it’s right down to the body. It’s an old injury, probably happened when it was a lot younger....
Scott.turner28

Can anyone sex this? i maybe say female? Due to the marking on face been long.. but im not sure im no expert.. pic of both sides. thanks