Bbroom89's Tank/s Log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
bbroom89
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Staffylover wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:22 am another option to consider is a company called spotless water they were for window cleaners and have stations across the country it seems fairly cheap and convenient if you have one near to you?
Can't help with the cichlids but know that others on here keep them no doubt they will be along soon
https://www.spotlesswater.co.uk/Aquarium
Thanks Staffy,

Norwich coming soon so maybe my next tank could be a soft water community tank (Dont tell the OH!) ;)
60L - Super Delta Betta Male, 11 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 Purple Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 5 Amano Shrimp, 2 Zebra Snails
240L - To be continued!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

I forgot about that. :$
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
bbroom89

Happy New Tank Day all btw!

Picking up some substrate for the tank and some plants for the 60L to start the transition.
60L - Super Delta Betta Male, 11 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 Purple Rasbora, 6 Peppered Cory, 5 Amano Shrimp, 2 Zebra Snails
240L - To be continued!
bbroom89

The new tank hath arrived!

Really impressed with the tank and it's my first proper new big tank (Most have been ex demo's or second hand)

Got it in and filled up with water and the substrate - HUGO KAMISHI NATURAL FINE GRAVEL, 1MM which I really like the look of.

Just wondering now on the best way to get cycled (In terms of what to feed the tank), put in a few algae wafers to start the process, and have filter boosters coming out of every hole (Not sure this has been the case before!)

As for inhabitants, I am still split. I really do love the colour of the Malawi and probably Mbuna Cichlids, however I love the thought of a Tanganyika biotope with Neolamps(not sure which yet), Cyprochromi, Altolamprologus and Julidochromis. Then creating a shell dwelling side then a rocky side with maybe some rock attaching plants which might survive outside of the bottom hustle and bustle.

Has anyone here built or had experience with Tanganyikan's or know of a tank log?

240L - To be continued!
bbroom89

Also I forgot to mention some new plants! Anubias to start nice and simple.

1st is Anubias Congensis and a nice little pose by Blippi the Betta (10 uncool points if you know why it is called Blippi)

2nd is anubias barteri var. angustifolia

240L - To be continued!
bbroom89

Starting to think about a Tanganyika tank and what fish species I would go for. The popularity of Malawi has made me lean towards Tangyanika, lets give it a bit of love! So thinking of the below stocking if I were to plow ahead with this.

4-6 Julidochromis (Have a few preferences on variation but they all behave similarly from what I have researched)
10-12 Cyprichromis Leptosoma (Hopefully I can purchase in 2 or 3 batches as these are pricey!)
10 Neolamprologus (Undecided on species here, typicallly the ones i was leaning to are the naughtier fish like Brichardi, Leleupi and Ocellatus)
I was also hoping to get 2 Altolamprologus Calvus but can't really find if they would work with my suggested fish, they seem shy and peaceful but also may eat anything that can fit in their mouths!

The plan would be to have on the left side the rocky cave side with the finer gravel then get some fine sand and create a sort of divide through the middle to the shell dweller right side and have the Cypri school across the tank higher up hopefully.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
240L - To be continued!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Would shell-dwellers be ok with the larger fish? I think they may take a beating, you'll want all fish above 4" if some are 5"+.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Nice tank :)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)