Zebra pleco Sausage party help!!

Conrad95

Hey everyone,

Need some advice I have had my zebra plecos coming up two years and I’m really struggling to know if they are male or female, I suspect all male but I would like someone with more experience to confirm this for me or just second opinion from anyone nice enough to message on here, thanks in advance everyone :).

Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Conrad95 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 19:51 pm Hey everyone,

Need some advice I have had my zebra plecos coming up two years and I’m really struggling to know if they are male or female, I suspect all male but I would like someone with more experience to confirm this for me or just second opinion from anyone nice enough to message on here, thanks in advance everyone :).

I'd say at least one is looking female. Might still be a bit too small/ young yet. Plus I'm crap at telling them apart. I've got some 4 yrs plus and still can't tell the difference.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Nice to see some chunky zebras, but, as with Si, I'm rubbish at sexing plecs.....
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Conrad95

Ah thank you so much Si and Plankton for getting in touch :), loving the feel for the community on here! hopefully I got at least one female 😂 but you’re probably right perhaps it tad early for trying sex them!