Canister Filter

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
Fish4Thought

Hi All,
I'm new here, I also recently just got back into fishkeeping a recent hike in my depression. But moving on from that I have a freshwater tank that is 66 us Gallon or 250 Liter. I know that Eheim sadly left the North American Market. But I did find that they have a collaboration with PetSmart which is a pet supply store in North America. I found a Top Fin Pro 200 canister filter engineered by Eheim, which is the Eheim Pro 5e 700. Does anyone know how this filter is, has anyone used this? I also got a Top Fin Pro 200-Watt heater engineered by Ehime witch is the Eheim thermocontrol+ e 200-Watt heater. Is this also a good heater? I know that if I need Support I need to reach out to Eheim UK for help. :hmm:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
We don't often get American members. :)
All Eheim stuff is pretty reliable and up-to-scratch.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Yup usually pretty good stuff 😀 welcome to AF-UK
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Hi. No idea about Top Fin but Eheim has always had a good reputation here. Pricey but you get what you pay for.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

Blimey, a message from the new world colonies! :grin:

I'm surprised Eheim are no longer selling in the US market, although they do still list a USA web link for 'other countries' on Eheim.com.

It seems Top Fin® is part of the United Pet Group Inc and I cannot find very much on this model other than it's smaller brother the Top Fin Pro120 filter been sold off with a $100 dollars discount at Pet Smart. I will say that model does seem very expensive compared to models over here. I found quite few posts in forums asking has Top Fin PRO filters now discontinued and I'm wondering if Eheim has dropped the collaboration with United Pet Group Inc, possibly in 2020.

While I'm in no doubt this filter should be up to the task, getting spares from the UK or EU could be problematic. Oase do sell in the US as well as Fluval and maybe a better option.

The model of heater you say you have isn't sold here or anywhere in the EU that I can find, although it could be cosmetic design difference. It's probably a third party made from the far east under licence from Eheim for the US market.

My only suggestion is to email Eheim, they are usually very helpful. Link: info@eheimsupport.com
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: