adm's 1st tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5064 times
Been liked: 3426 times

Apistogramma cacatuoids? If you have no other cichlids they should be ok. Get a male and two females if you can and they're usually a bit hardier than most dwarf cichlids and less fussy on water hardness.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
adm
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Been liked: 91 times

Well, I did the Octozin course and I thought he/she was getting better at first. Then he/she disappeared completely for a few days and I thought that was it. Then he/she came back for a day or two. It looked like the lump on the head had reduced, but this morning.....floating belly up!

So that's that. None of the other fish appear to have been infected, so there's that.

Then I started to see a fair bit of green algae bloom. Even after 80% water changes, it would be back more or less the next day. So I went and bought a Fluval UVC clarifier as a bit of a panicked last resort. I plumbed it in on Thursday and went away for along weekend. I came back yesterday and the water was perfectly clear again.

So I am well pleased with that as a result. It's currently running 24 hours a day. I'll give it a couple more days and then turn the timer down to 12 hours and see if it still keeps things nice and clear.

Other than that, still looking for a couple of new fish to replace the Rams. None of my LFS have the Apistogramma Cacatuoides in stock. But I may have to just and have a look at what they do have as I need some more of the frozen fish food I have been using.