Ruth’s Jewel 350ltr

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Thought I’d start a new log and I only have the one tank now.

Stocking at present -

18 harlequins
12 Sterbai corrys (and two very old other ones)
3 golden/pearl gourami
14 rummy noses
20 cardinals
8 Ottos
3 Siamese algae eaters
1 Ram
1 amano shrimp
2 angels
4 killifish

Sadly my elderly BN Plec - Sunny - went to meet his maker two days ago - I miss him.

Photos to follow.
Last edited by Ruth on Sun Jun 07, 2020 22:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

OOh I am looking forward to the pictures. Can't wait to see your giant danios :D

That's sad news about your BN plec Sunny :( I know how attached I am to my SF plec, so can imagine it is upsetting :cry:
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

Yay!! I remember your tank so clearly - in fact it was partly your 350l that inspired me to take the plunge and get myself a big ole tank (albeit slightly smaller). Glad most of the residents are doing well. I recall you had some lovely plants, and some driftwood with slightly inappropriate moss on it?!
Annie
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 151 times

Looking forward to pics, sorry to read about Sunny :(
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Sorry to hear about Sunny :(
I look forward to seeing the update pics :)
Ruth
Posting Legend

Let’s see now - how do we add photos again...

Ruth
Posting Legend

So the plants had to be thinned out and some just plain ripped up because the danios needed more space to dash about. I have found a really brill home for them in a bigger tank with two power heads!!!! They should be going in the next fortnight or so. Will miss the big lugs but they will have more space which will be better for them.

After that I shall be purchasing root tabs and a load of plants in preparation for replacing the danios .... suggestions welcome. I have always thought I’d love to try a pair of angels...?
Hanlou
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 78 times

Ruth wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 22:03 pm So the plants had to be thinned out and some just plain ripped up because the danios needed more space to dash about. I have found a really brill home for them in a bigger tank with two power heads!!!! They should be going in the next fortnight or so. Will miss the big lugs but they will have more space which will be better for them.

After that I shall be purchasing root tabs and a load of plants in preparation for replacing the danios .... suggestions welcome. I have always thought I’d love to try a pair of angels...?
I would be very wary of adding Angel fish.... you have a Ram which is a Cichlid so they might clash.... plus the Angels could potentially eat your Cardinal Tetras! @plankton is more knowledgable - am really just repeating what I’ve read. Although I do remember my brother having an Angel fish that ate lots of his fish!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3424 times

Hello Ruth, long time (or it seems like it anyway) :)
Tank looks good, the Giant Zs have done well.
If the Bolivians are "happy" at the moment, I would be careful about adding bigger cichlids like angels.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Suse wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 19:37 pm Yay!! I remember your tank so clearly - in fact it was partly your 350l that inspired me to take the plunge and get myself a big ole tank (albeit slightly smaller). Glad most of the residents are doing well. I recall you had some lovely plants, and some driftwood with slightly inappropriate moss on it?!
Inappropriate moss? What is that?? :huh: :huh: